P2P Canvas Hosting

With the impending doom of Discord essentially destroying a significant amount of currently made condos, it made me wonder why can’t I just have a folder of images the game automatically adds into the Canvas category under surfaces that are then distributed to people when they join. This is probably quite complicated to add but it would resolve this issue we will essentially have forever of image hosts changing rules and nuking condos. This already happened once recently to many nsfw condos since Imgur changed their rules and deleted all nsfw content and now many regular condos will be impacted due to Discord changes.

Any feedback or better suggestions are welcome.

Also I might add someone did say we should have generic images too. In this case, Would help a lot for something like this. When someone can’t see images.

1 Like

P2P hosting would not be something we’d be interested in adding, for a variety of reasons.

We do plan to have a canvas URL tool that will allow you to easily bulk update URLs of existing canvases to fix dead links.

4 Likes

Being able to replace canvases in the Canvas Data tab in the Condo Settings would be really helpful. Recently I replaced all my canvases in one of my smaller Condo, and some of the Canvases were really hard to find, as I forgot where they were used.

2 Likes