Open Trivia API quiz application

Hi. I developed a small single page quiz application that uses this API.

I’d really appreciate it if you had a look and provided some feedback about any bugs and/or any improvements that I could make.

Here’s the application:
quick-quiz.palmerhinchliffe.net

If you’d like to contribute then let me know and I can provide the GitHub repo.

Note: I’m aware of the bug whereby you can proceed to the next question without selecting an answer. It will be fixed asap.

I like the no-nonsene approach with the user interface, looks elegant.
Though I can’t even answer a single question, because none of the buttons work for me after I start a quiz. The button hovering animations work though.

Thanks for your feedback! Re: your issue with buttons not working; what browser/device are you using?

I can confirm that it works fine in Edge but not in Firefox.

Same, Firefox. It does work in Chrome.

Thanks, I’ll see what I can do to sort it when I get chance

I played a round of General Knowledge, and it definitely itches the quiz scratch.

The game functions perfectly well, and does exactly what it says on the tin. You play a game of ten questions, it tells you how many you got right, and it lets you choose another one.

Sometimes, I just want a ton of questions, and sometimes I just want like five, but the page doesn’t let you choose how many to do. Just a QOL suggestion.

I think you did a really good job with it! I’m definitely bookmarking it for later, when I just want to play trivia.

Thanks for your comments Cakemagic. I’ll probably include a feature where one can select number of questions at some point this weekend

1 Like

Try to play it but still not working… :frowning:

On line 103 in script.js you need to pass event to your callback.
document.querySelector('#answerList').addEventListener('click', function ( event ) {
or even better if it works:
document.querySelector('#answerList').addEventListener('click', function ( $(event) ) {

That should fix the error.

Oops, forgot to sort that. Should work now :slight_smile:

Just noticed some issues with the navbar and font-size on small and extra large screens, will sort that when I get chance.