Old pics of gmod tower

9 Likes

how many of these threads are there now already?

##Dunno

Oh god, where to begin. SO many pictures! :3

I’ll edit this post later today with a ton of pictures. This will be a good nostalgia thread. :slight_smile:

I found some of my really old pictures of when I was poor. Most of these are from 2013 and they are not all of my pictures. But here are a lot of good ones! (56K BEWARE!)

Gambling with no money, hoping for a JP.

Biko actually playing (and Narnia)

Remember when hats were actually in your closet?

There was something really satisfying about that gold transfer animation

My first ever Jackpot

Good 'ol Blizzard Storm in the bar!

Things always got really painted

Who didn’t love the Obama event…

R.I.P. Narnia

Old school lobby

The classic UCH load screen

ptown2

Biko

Massaki

Chainsaw Battle

Remember Sales?

Throwing a party

Fist fighting Biko as he always loved to do :smiley:

Dev HQ

The notorious Red Baron gamemode. Only the true OG’s will remember this one. Such a fun gamemode!

Dueling and spawning inside of the other player. (This would happen on occasion. 1/300 duels or so.)

Working as a chef in the food court

That menu makes me nostalgia so hard…

The pills were good fun (alien pill with pigmask here)

Another pic of the hats

Remember the spin to win?

Back when we were all broke… (Except omgmac the cheater)

And @Matt in the flesh, repping ball race!

Admin shotty OP

Good times at the poker table.

And the moon!

Waterhole

PvP on Frostbite

PvP on Subway

Source Karts on the map that was removed.

Those loops were crazy

Good times playing UCH

Virus

ogniK & Biko at the same time

ogniK losing 66,696 GMC in a duel

And thats finally it… Thanks for viewing!

3 Likes

4 Likes

this one is my favorite

edit: There’s no way I’m fixing that. tough luck.

4 Likes

I would’ve posted the shit out of this if I didn’t lose the hard drive with all of my gmt memories on it.

Hehe, that is why backing things up helps a lot. :slight_smile:

I updated my earlier post with a ton of different pictures. I have successfully nostalgia’d hard. R.I.P. Gmod Tower!

1 Like

That is probably the one that brought up the most memories too. I don’t think they ever did fix being able to get in there with the ball race ball

I upload everything to my Steam account so I don’t have to worry about that.

1 Like

Dr. Großer

Mmhmm, that would be correct. We were always able to go through that wall. :slight_smile:

Steam cloud helps a lot, yeah. I did that for a while too, but when you have a ton of images it takes forever to upload them. Also after you get a certain amount of images it crashes your game every time you open it. So instead they sit in a zipped file on an external harddrive. It should be safe so long as nobody comes to my house and takes a sledgehammer to it. :smile:

Or you drop your HDD multiple times or your HDD dies of old age

Exactly… Believe it or not I lost my last external harddrive when a friends girlfriend bitch slapped it off of my counter and onto the floor. She never even paid for it even and it was like $100. Even worse it had my entire game design portfolio and all of my source engine maps. Losing data sucks so much. :frowning:

This drive is pretty new though and I have intentionally placed it in a spot nobody will be able to reach it. So I’m hoping it’ll last at least another two or three years before I need to replace it.

How about buying a second drive and cloning your data to that one as well? Preferably storing your backup drive somewhere else / safe?

Yeah, that is doable I suppose. But I’ve got ~1.5TB’s on my 3TB external being used. So even with 4.5TB’s of HDD it would be a huge waste of space. It would definitely be worthwhile if/when the drive starts acting up. But I think I’ll stick to leaving it on the external for now. :smile:

Good luck buddy, you’ll need it!

Hahaha, planning on breaking into my place and breaking it or what? :stuck_out_tongue: As soon as data deduplication starts being used natively in our OS’ we’ll all be set for life.

Wendel would be sad for you not seeing a threat :stuck_out_tongue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAuEgepZG_8