Official Workshop Editor Suggestion Thread

If we got this I would be so so so happy. The models I uploaded to the workshop only really work with the sombrero and a few others, but not a majority. I’d love to make it so hats like the sun hat could work.

What SpongePierre said, the ability to customize each offset of the cosmetics would be great. Because there’s so much variations in cosmetics that someone else’s favorite combo of hats and such could be ruined by a wrong offset.

And also the ability to preview the back with the jetpack on and how it would look like, I imagine it as a toggleable of equippable items that you can’t preview it until you fully implement it ingame. I always wanted my Catsack Backpack to have the jetpack wings but I’m basically blind adjusting the backpack, same with the other cosmetics. It’s a must have, please!

1 Like

I absolutely adore this game and its development but a major letdown is not being able to upload a model from VROID. I spent a long time making one and as far as I know, there is no way to convert it to a .dae file that actually works in tower unite. If you make this possible I will absolutely leave a positive review on steam and will continue to play this great game, if not, I’ll be forever frustrated and will likely lose my temper using other’s player models.

Would love support for higher quality models. Since everyone’s porting from VrChat I wanted to use those models on Tower, but by the time the vertices are small enough the model looks crummy and the texture gets muddled. Is this something you guys would add in the future?

Just used the editor for the first time, it just about does its job (with a bit of cache(?) issues when updating models). Though I’ve found that the simple collision generated is just not good enough for certain models (even when separated!).

My suggestion is to add the ability to create custom simple collision for items, like you can for meshes in the Unreal Engine editor:

This will allow greater precision in collision while still keeping it relatively optimised.

1 Like

changing their animations weather we can do it via .daes or just using the existing ones would be nice. WOuld help small models and feral models that cant really use the rather tall default skeleton. For example, small models can use the esquire and quadruples can use chimera both from LC

up the vertices limit from i think was 30k to 50k. We dont run on potatos anymore and most people at least have an rtx 2050 or rx 580 nowadays. Unless youre planning on mobile support, theres no reason to keep a low vertices count anymore. sorry if I sound too rude.

having made a few models now, i have thoughts!

1. an ‘unlit’ type material.
    this would be a material that makes it so there are no shadows cast on the model at all. its all flat, though may adjust to match the scene lighting’s dimness or hue on the overall model.

2. modifications to the toon shader
    toon shader is neat! however, i would greatly appreciate it if there were a way to disable the specular highlights or adjust how many steps the toon shader applies. if it weren’t for the highlights, it’d be awesome for a lot of my models, but as it stands it makes them look kind of shiny, like latex…

3. emission layer for textures
    being able to provide an emission map (like a mask to show what parts should glow/not glow, for ex) would be really nice.

now for the rigs:

1. alternate rig setups
    i would love if there were one made more for furry models. i know tails are a nightmare to rig, but being able to modulate how many tail bones there are, the length of the overall bones, and the rotation of the tailbones would be neat. i know the TU blender addon can do similar for shoulder placement and the like, so it may be possible to automate.

2. additional bone options
    like above… it would be nice to be able to append bones, even if it were juset selecting options for it from a list of given presets (like cat ears, etc). as it stands, i have to weightpaint ears to the head, and the tail is kind of a lost cause to weightpaint it at all (tends to look wonky regardless!).

that’s all right now, i think. thanks!

PS. the fact that i am getting the ‘revive this topic’ notification is kind of funny. like yes i want to revive it! this is a pinned message!!

Arm and leg length, and leg separation sliders, like the shoulder separation slider. Not sure how messed the animations would look tho