Off-Topic Categories

The off-topic category receives a lot of traffic each week as, well, a community of our size can’t always talk about Tower Unite.

“Off-topic” is such a broad title. Considering we seem to be undergoing constant and welcome forum updates, I feel we need categories for the Off-topic subcategory so that we may better organize the forum. Discourse is a very clean and tidy forum set-up, so it’d be great to keep it that way.

For example, based on trends of off-topic posts I’ve seen, categories could be but not limited to:

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions on categorization!

5 Likes

Think it’s a great idea.

Let’s see how well people actually adhere to the categories though.

I think this would be a nice way to clean up the category. Your example categories would make a great start as well.

1 Like

That, most unfortunately, it always an issue with forums. We still have people putting questions in Suggestions and vice versa. I’m glad that Discourse gives members the ability to move them, though, so the staff isn’t overloaded with tidying up the forums.

I vote in favor of these changes. However, if there was going to be a Forum Games category, I hope there would be a setting to turn off the post count for these ones similar to other forums. Since one of the conditions for leveling up in these forums are those, one person could easily level up just by posting on forum games.

1 Like

Regulars can move them, from what I gathered.

Indeed, they can.

1 Like

I like this idea. I’ll work on adding them. I’m currently making GMTower.org read-only.

2 Likes

Aight, they’re added. I left out the “Social” category you suggested because I believe that should just be for the main Off Topic section.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks Mac :smile: