NSFW / Profanity block

I’d like to incorporate OpenTDB into my service, but a few of the questions contain profanity. I’d like something to forbid them completely, so I don’t have to return questions as:

Who in Pulp Fiction says “No, they got the metric system there, they wouldn’t know what the **** a Quarter Pounder is.”

It’d be better to just not have them whatsoever, and only return G-rated questions.

1 Like

No swearing on my f*cking christian Minecraft goddamn trivia server

3 Likes

I think filtering out the results with profanity and content you dislike could be accomplished through something like the LDNOOBW on your side

2 Likes

I’m sorry but this commit message is hilarious

1 Like

when sometimes profanity block could end up

would rather not agree with it.

this is not a children-principled game like Gacha Life, Roblox, etc. and the latter would only allow whitelisted words.

G-rated only questions would be very constrained by its definition and i would believe half of the questions would be on violation of your direction, especially if your G is referring to motion picture rating in the US.

not gonna lie, if you are wishing to use their database service, better filter the question yourself, unless your type of question quoted is the majority throughout this open trivia DB.

1 Like