November 2022 Condo Contest (Rooftop)

Hey everyone!

This month, the Condo Contest goal will be to build on the rooftop of the default Condo!

So, the main requirement is that your build must be on the roof of the default Condo.

Beyond that, feel free to do whatever you want with the build, including any theme. It can be an enclosed space or an open area, and you can include pictures of stairways / teleport areas / etc. to get up to the build.

The submission period ends on November 29th, 2022 at 11:59 PM.

Be sure to look at the prizes and follow the rules below!

And don’t forget: You can upload your entry to the Steam Workshop for everyone to get a better look at it! If you upload your entry to Workshop, you’re welcome to share the link in your post! :slight_smile:

:fireworks: → CONTEST RESULTS ← :fireworks:

Prizes:

• 1st Place - 2,000,000 Units
  • 2nd Place - 1,000,000 Units
  • 3rd Place - 750,000 Units
  • 4th Place - 500,000 Units
  • 5th Place - 300,000 Units

Note: Participation prizes (100k) may be rewarded to participants when we’re happy with the quality of entries, along with other bonuses for close contenders.

Prize amounts / Places may be raised depending on the types/amounts of entries.

Rules:

• Must post at least 3 pictures of your Condo.

• Focus your pictures on the area relevant to the contest.

• Must be appropriate content (no hate speech, nudity, etc.)

• Only make 1 submission post.

• You can update your post until the deadline.

• Must be something new. Don’t submit something you started before this post was made. (You can build/make additions in a pre-existing Condo, though.)

• If you won first place in the previous month’s contest and decide to enter this contest, you will still get a participation prize, but you cannot get a winning placement (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) again until the next contest.

• Try to only submit WIP builds towards the end of the contest, if you want to submit something you aren’t able to finish before the deadline.

How To Submit:

• Post at least 3 screenshots of your Condo as a reply to this thread as your entry to the contest. If you can’t upload images here, use an external image hosting service such as Imgur to embed the images here.
  • Include your Steam ID in the submission, so we can award you the Units if you win! (If you aren’t sure how to send your Steam64 ID, just link to your Steam Profile in your submission post.)

How to Submit: CO-OP CONDO PARTICIPANTS:

Tower Unite now allows for Co-Op building in condos, and, since that is the case, we have some rules for submitting a Condo built with others.

You can go about submitting builds from Co-Op condos in two ways:

1. Everyone who participated in the build gets credit

An Example: Person A opens their condo for Person B and C to help them build a Haunted House. Person A builds the structure, and Person B and C help them decorate it. They all like how it came out as a whole, and want to submit it to the contest together.

• If you submit this way, the owner of the Condo should make a post with pictures of the whole build.
  • Include the usernames and Steam IDs of everyone who participated.
  • If the entry wins, the prize will be divided equally amongst the participants.

2. One person takes credit for their part of a larger build

An Example: Person A opens their Condo for Person B to help build a Haunted House in. Person A builds a cool maze next to the house, while Person B decorates a bunch of rooms on their own. Both want to submit their parts of the build separately.

• If you submit this way, post pictures of the part of the Condo that you built.
  • Include your Steam ID.
  • If the entry wins, you will get the full prize.

After the deadline has passed, the submissions are judged by community voting, which I will post a link to in the responses to this thread once I finish setting it up.

Have fun, and if you need help with anything about the contest, let me know in this thread or in a private message!

2 Likes

(Hello Fellow Tower Uniters, This condo is my rendition to CyberPunk 2077. Rooftop/Highrise views with lots of neon and color. O/) my steam ID is:76561199125482802

7 Likes

Welcome to :hedgehog: Wally’s Woods, Rooftop Condo :hedgehog:

Now nestled in a fairly large grove, the starting condo has been terraformed and retrofitted. Comes with:

• 1 large reading/ relaxation area

• 1 dance club/ bar combo area

• 1 camp fire w/ sittable logs

• 1 big tree house

• and the most important part: LOTS OF HEDGEHOGS

Note There are more hedgie’s

Other Screenshots of notable area’s:

• The Entrance Area:

Keep in mind, the surrounding area other than the rooftop is not accessible. (invisible canvas blocks barrier the rooftop)

The condo is available to download on the workshop if you want to take an ingame look at the condo.
Workshop: Steam Workshop::Wally's Woods, Rooftop Condo

User Steam ID: 76561198054547372
User Steam Profile: Steam Community :: Wally Graham

2 Likes

Greetings! I present to you my condo to participate in the 2022 Rooftop contest: Paradise Rooftop ! This is a bar built on the rooftop of the condo especially for spending evenings with friends. My steam profile is Steam Community :: TheGreenKing and this is Paradise Rooftop 2022 !

You can access the bar by elevator or emergency staircase

Contains the bar, the basketball court, various relax areas and… a fridge full of cans

2 Likes

The world is flooded and zombies cover the land, this 100% in-game texture and model base could be the world’s last hope. And the vibe is… bright? I mean why wouldn’t it be? We have cake, a cure is well on its way, and it is someone’s birthday!!! With 63 dialogue boxes and 3 notebooks giving some lore and story. Find it here Steam Workshop::Apocalypse Cure Facility

(spellcheck was done after this picture, I wrote most of this yesterday so I was rushed.)
Steam Community :: Tranquil_Streams

2 Likes

Thanks for submitting your entries so far everyone!

The Contest submission period will be extended until tomorrow (November 30th, 2022) at 11:59 PM.

Play games, drink responsibly, and overall…HAVE FUN!!! Welcome to The Condo Rooftop Barcade!!!
Steam ID: 76561199225683581

1 Like

Steam ID: Steam Community :: that one capybara

Welcome to Port Diluvium.

The city is currently being built on the remains of a condo… you remember the one. The “Great Condo Flood of 20XX?” That’s the one. Dave’s condo. Idiot leaves the tap running and signs off for three months. What did he think would happen? Anyway, we’re doing our best here… have a look around.

4 Likes

Screw you Dave!

1 Like

The submission period is over! Thanks to everyone who entered. I’ll send out the Community Voting form to everyone this afternoon. :slight_smile:

https://forms.gle/zbSDpf2kV11mnECo8 Here is the link to the Community Vote! Voting will be open until Dec. 4th, 2022 at 11:59PM CST.

As I was building the thing, I was sort of coming up with this mildly elaborate backstory in my head where, you know, maybe Dave’s being framed here. Like, someone clearly went to a lot of effort to remind everyone walking through that town about Dave’s mistake, so you have to maybe ask yourself if the story goes deeper than that…

Or not.

I always come up with elaborate stories for my builds too so I get it. If Dave has been framed I hope the truth comes out!

1 Like

The results of the community vote are in!

Thanks to everyone who participated in the vote. There were 54 responses this time!

I’ve included 6th place in the results (with a prize of 200,000 Units), as there were only 6 contest submissions.

The winners of the community vote are:

1st place (2,000,000 Units) - @GoosyBoosy

2nd place (1,000,000 Units) - @soapskywere

3rd place (750,000 Units) - @that_one_capybara

4th place (500,000 Units) - @Anicholson

5th place (300,000 Units) - @TheGreenKing

6th place (200,000 Units) - @Tranquil_Streams

Thank you all for joining the vote and the contest, and I hope you had fun. Units will be distributed to all participants soon.

6 Likes

Congrats team!

2 Likes

Everyone did an amazing job :heart:

2 Likes