No-clip speed & Item select range

While browsing around condos and seeing the scope of peoples builds in the last few years seemingly become much larger, two main issues tend to stick out lately from what people have told me as well as those issues being the same for myself. One, is the distance people are able to select items is sometimes not far enough, and the second is that they are unable to move around their build at a speed that would suit the scale of their build. Leading to tedious scenarios of no-clipping back and forth between items far apart from each other or getting fiddly with flying too fast in much smaller builds and smaller detailed parts of builds.

Lately with some of the newer items that have been added, the items themselves promote building bigger environment builds too. I think the speed of the no-clip and the range that you can select items is perhaps not cutting it.

My suggestions are:

• Ability to adjust no-clip speed
  • Higher Max trace distance for the Inventory UI and gizmo, giving ability to select/edit any item seen in view (Range of the tool glove too)

Thinking of drawbacks and reasons for why these could be bad suggestions, I could only come up with technical reasons or cases where items may render out and thus selecting those may be odd.
Maybe miss clicking and subsequently selecting something off in the distance is a undesirable possibility.

However I think the pros would out weigh the cons if there are any for both suggestions and that they would be good enhancements to the condo building experience for those who need that extra selecting range and/or no-clip speed adjusting for help with both smaller and bigger details.

Can confirm flying through G3’s giant builds with no clip still takes 100 years.
The size of some GIANT builds can be super taxing to traverse and I assume moving stuff can be horribly tedious. This could be of great help to big builders with huge ambitions.

5 Likes