Nightclub Queue Max Video Length

I believe there needs to be a maximum length for videos in the Nightclub’s queue, nothing’s more disrupting than having someone play a super slowed down version of the Windows XP startup sound for 24 hours, an hour long video of a music album, or some full length anime battle video.

I believe 10 minutes would be a suitable length of time, most songs aren’t going to be longer than that, and it gives some wiggle room.

That’s pretty much it. I don’t think it’s needed for the other media players around the plaza, just the nightclub exclusively.

4 Likes

absolutely for this case, as the nightclub is intended for music.

1 Like

Not only that but it tends to aid in backing up the queue. There’s already a lot of media in queue, and having to wait for everyone to vote to skip something ridiculous is going to drag it out.

1 Like

I can add a duration limit.

6 Likes

@TheKidWithAHat Thank god someone else has said it.

Awesome. Thank you

While 24 hours or even anything over 2 hours can be excessive, I think that around 1 hour for albums can be okay.
On emptier servers with just friends hanging out in the nightclub an album is nice to put on while playing pool.
Vote skipping does exist for a reason, though if there must be a duration limit please make it to be lenient enough allow people to put on an album.

2 Likes

and yes this should be an exception when there are few users in the nightclub and they wanted to put an album on it.

2 Likes

Additionally looking at a lot of the posts regarding the nightclub. There’s this issue, the one of people queuing too much, etc… I think maybe the vote/skip system at least for the nightclub could be re-adjusted or reworked. That way people can actually skip stuff and there doesn’t have to be a bunch of limitations around. For example, the people playing pool can’t skip or queue while playing so that’s a good amount of players that can’t have an opinion while playing.
Maybe if vote skipping required a bit less votes when there’s too many people, or there was a higher priority for people on the dance floor.
I do think though that changing the voting in the nightclub will help with majority of the issues people are having with the queues.

I feel like people playing billiards should have access to the queue menu, both to queue and skip w/o having to wait until the match is over.

2 Likes

They definitely should!

Someone recently put a voiced wiki video about cock and ball torture. Trash like this should be never allowed. I guess that was a youtube video?

In the upcoming hot fix there is a video length limit.

Videos can be reported in-game using the in-game reporting system. Look for a flag next to media in the media queue.