New Half-Life Game Announced!

IT’S FINALLY HERE

3 Likes

But is it really the half life we wanted :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

ok.

4 Likes

Are you guys serious?? WE’RE GETTING A NEW HALF LIFE GAME AND NOW YOU’RE DISAPPOINTED JUST BECAUSE IT’S VR??

3 Likes

Well, good thing my VR headset is still sitting next to me ready for use.

2 Likes

To be fair, a lot of these VR AAA titles are usually pretty short and not quite as fun as the regular titles. Not to mention that VR is still really expensive so the vast majority of Half Life fans won’t even get to experience this :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t mind it, but considering how long people have been waiting for HL3, it makes sense that some people would be upset we got this instead.

3 Likes

This is supposed to be Valve’s flagship game for VR, so I wouldn’t expect it to be too short.

It’s actually been known (or at least heavily rumored) for a while now that Valve were working on a Half Life VR game so I’m pretty surprised that people are surprised and upset about it being exclusively for VR.

2 Likes

:sleepy:

2 Likes

I’ll believe it when I see it, I haven’t really been too impressed with most VR games I’ve seen thus far.

This could just be because I don’t follow Valve / Half Life too much but it’s news to me and seemingly to a lot of other people.

In any case, I’m definitely curious to see how it turns out :stuck_out_tongue:

The majority of people don’t have VR.

This feels a little like that guy who asked the audience if they had smartphones because they’d been waiting for another game for years and were upset because they were announcing a mobile game.

1 Like

i fucking told you

also, half life is about pioneering, hl2 was made to pioneer the source engine, and this is being made to show the world vr.

6 Likes

I have severe doubts, at most this looks like a slight spin off, think arkham VR to the barman arkham series. But we’ll see, I’ll wait for the trailer. People really shouldn’t be expecting half life 3 right off the bat, because they’ll just end up disappointing themselves. I’m more excited about what’s happening with cs at the moment.

it"s happening boys

1 Like

isnt it gonna be index only?

1 Like

nvm

Honestly, I think it’s up to them what they develop. I’ve never been of the opinion that companies owe their fans sequels or new mainline installments, unless they use the premise of making them to exploit their fanbase.
Plus, I think this game’s always been “the VR flagship title” first, and a Half-life game second. As in, they probably chose the franchise after deciding on making a VR game.

2 Likes

As somebody who got an HTC Vive last year and is now trying to get the Valve Index Controllers, I am super excited for this. I’ve overall been really impressed with VR, but I just need more games worth buying. All the stuff Valve has put out for VR so far has just been tech demos (albeit very good ones), so I want to see how they do with a full VR game.

2 Likes

i want to play this because i have a vr but i havent played half life at all in my lifetime