New emotes / sitting poses

Hi guys!! We know that movement animations are getting updated and new workshop model rig coming up soon- I figured it might be worthy talking about possible new emotes / poses!!

Currently, this is all we have as poses; and only one is normal sitting pose. Two being Sleep and Lay Back as laying poses.

I’d love to see new sitting poses like these!

And these as new laying poses!
Kicking Legs GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

For NPCs and Hidden Seat stuff; it’d be nice to have this as option along with everything above!

I want more animations in general. Like maybe reactions or maybe expressions. I feel like adding 20 different variants of the sit animation is kinda a waste. If we get more animations I’d like for them to be unique and diverse. Also maybe with the new workshop rig we can add or replace our own animations? Just a thought, it’s pretty far fetched.

3 Likes

Out of all categories; poses is the one with smallest amount. That’s why I’d like a few more sitting/laying poses- it doesn’t need 20+ variants; you’re right! Just a few ones would be nice to have besides just one sitting pose :slight_smile:

I agree with you though- I too absolutely want more animations too! Like raising the roof dance or clapping and so on.

4 Likes

Okay but let’s say if we were to hypothetically get 20 more sitting poses–

Similar to this, I could see myself get some use out of the stereotypical “slavic squat”,

Also similar to this, a version where the leg on top is more horizontal and the ankle/right above the ankle is resting on/slightly above the other knee,

And then more sitting animated where you’re posture is sorta not great and you’re just holding your weight up against your legs–I could find other examples of this but the purple man has done it enough so I’m gonna use these,

And with the leaning forward ones, not sure how good this’d work with most of the workshop models and their spotty rigging of the hands, but the lean-forward-and-interlock-fingers position,

4 Likes

This sounds like an awesome idea, I’d love to have more poses and more ways to have fun moments with friends! :slight_smile: I love sitting animations~ I hope we get walking styles too!

2 Likes