Needing help with playermodel

so after some hard work I’ve gotten my playermodel to look like this, I sadly do not know how to fix this issue since I am very new to blender. I have tried doing some weight painting and it’s helped somewhat but I’m either getting the wrong areas or I need to do something else.

If anyone could help me figure this problem out, that’d be great.

Try this quick fix: open the blend file, press A to select all, and then Ctrl+A and reset transform, scale and location.
It might fix the problem
If not, check the weight painting and make sure that the weights are where the bone should be

1 Like

I’ve tried doing resetting the scale, transform, and location but it didn’t fix much.

And tbh I barely know how the paint weighting works and I just would pick a bone, and make the body red around it.

one of the problems idk how to do is get around the hair sadly. it’s so big and in the way

Looks like you have weights that are attaching to the root bone.

Sorry for asking like a noob, but how do I UNATTACH weights to the root bone?

i had this it may be, the vertices / points that are stretching down seem to have not been attached to the bones

this is how to fix, drag the playermodel in blender by the pelivis bone and weight paint any loose vertices to the bone appropriate
1 Like

Alright, I’ll give that a try. But I’m wondering what to attach the hair to… probably the head right? or would it be best to put the hair next to nearby bones

1 Like

all the hair i would say to the head,and make the hair near the body have a weak (lightish blue / green) weight to it to the body

Alright, thanks. I’ve got one last question for now. How am I supposed to get all of the hair? I mean, it’ll be easy for the outside, but it’s gonna be tough getting the inside, right? or is there something I can do to make the body invisible or something

its going to be a pain in the ass to do but you can select each point individually and paint them, at least that’s the only way i know of

A - will make is so you have to right click each point to paint them
B - will make it so you can see all points

oh and I have one last one, HOW THE HECK DO I USE THE CAMERA.
like is there anyway I move the camera freely? I’ve just been zooming in, rotating the camera, and zooming out. it’s super annoying

i dont know, i always use mouse wheel to rotate and shift + mouse wheel

alright, so when I set the weight to like .3 or something and strength to .3 it still pops up as red for some reason

turn off auto normalise below the weight amount on left

Thanks dude, seriously, you’ve been a huge help.

1 Like

Sorry one last question, so I when I first made my character I set mirror mode on it, and I think it’s cause some of the issues possibly with the textures stretching, you know any way to remove it? cause I don’t want it to be mirrored anyways

An easy way to move the camera around to where you need it is using SHIFT + F

It lets you zip zoom around like a first-person game and position yourself where needed,
just be sure to reset your origin when you’re done with SHIFT + C or . after you do
what you need to.

1 Like

Current progress so far. I’m getting there :smiley:

2 Likes