My personal feedback (Shiro)

I have played this game for 300+hours, i have been a game tester working for Ubisoft, Bug-Tracker and Square Enix Montreal, in the past, therefore i hope you will take my feedback seriously, I will try to be as concise and clear as possible. (Sorry if i make grammar mistakes, i am natively french not english but at least you will get my points)

The game in general:

• There is no host migration, when the hosts quits during any games matches, the game is over.
  • There is not alot of customization for our character models, everyone looks the same.

Golf:

• Golf is great and the only problem i have with it is that when our ping are too high sometimes we wont be able
    to shoot the ball for long period of time, the arrow wont appear and we will be stuck waiting.

Ballrace:

• Ballrace is an amazing game mode but the only map everybody plays is “Glxy”, because glxy is a fast paced map about racing and people like to beat their times and speedrun on it, its the only good map.
    All of the other maps are very slow paced, frustrating, theyre more about surviving death traps than “racing”, the new upcoming map prism doesn’t look promising at all, you guys should really consider creating more maps that are fun to race on and that are very fast paced just like glxy is. So in conclusion, Less death traps, less slow paced, less waiting on someone to press a button, more Racing, its called “Ballrace” its supposed to be a racing game!

• The host always starts facing the good direction, but the clients sometimes face backward or on the sides, which leads to frustation and unfair advantage to the host.

• There is no leaderboards, i would love to see some leaderboards and compete to beat people’s times, that would make ballrace so much more exciting!

Cats and Dogs:

• No one ever plays this game mode because it is seriously flawed and pointless/boring.
    ( i played it only 10 times and i saw pretty much all it had to offer)

Condo:

• Often when i load a video on, the video will freeze at the buffing icon and i will need to close and re-open the tv multiple times before it finally loads. (This is seriously annoying)

-In my condo, when people are sitting, i do not see them in sitting animations, i see them standing up on my couch, etc. When they play piano i see them standing up on the piano, it seems that all the sitting players animations are broken except for mines that shows up properly, however if i go in someone’s else condo, everything is fine.

• There is no option to hide the general chat, so when im in my condo and people talk alot in the plaza, there is no option for me to hide it, so sometimes it gets annoying when im with my friend watching a movie in my condo and all i see in the chat is a bunch of kids talking about random stuff, i dont mind it that much, but i wish there was an option for me to hide it.

• In private condos, the players that are invited by the host should be able to Queue youtube videos longer than 10minutes. I say that because its not public its the host’s friends, so most of the time they have to send me their videos in a steam chat so i can Queu them up for them. I understand that in public condos, people that are not the Host cant Queue up 10min+ videos, but in a Private condo they should be able too.

Virus: i dont have anything to say about virus, its a good game mode.

CONCLUSION:

That was my feedback, i have alot of positive stuff to say about this game as i LOVE this game to death, but
i tought it was more important for me to share with you my BAD feedback in order for you to take it in consideration.

I know it’s not the best feedback ever but i was just being honest with my experience playing this for 300hours+.

Keep updating this wonderful game and add new content :slight_smile: :3

Thank you for reading <3

• Shiro
5 Likes

It’s called Planet Panic.

This is not an easy thing to add, nor something we will do. Epic has stated this is something for the future for their engine, but it has not been put on a timeline.

We’re working on this, but customization is very low priority as we favor gameplay right now.

We know about this issue and have been working on a fix for awhile now. It’s a complicated fix that needs lots of testing as it changes the way physics work in Minigolf.

You can track its progress here: https://trello.com/c/X78hlJ6w/194-minigolf-fix-host-fps-issue-where-the-ball-cannot-be-putted-sometimes

It’s the newest map released. I would not find it fair to say it’s the only good map.

Ball Race isn’t just about racing. Maps have different gameplay. Ball Race is not supposed to be a racing game. It can be played in different ways.

This is a known bug.

We plan to implement leaderboards around the time achievements are ready. And not just for Ball Race, all game worlds.

It’s called Planet Panic, and yes, it’s the game that had the least development on it as of now. We’re working on improving it by the next map release.

This is an issue with Steam’s web browser. We have no work around at the moment.

This is a known bug.

We want to keep people talking to each other and feel connected to the Plaza. You can go to Friends only mode in the condo permissions and your Condo and the chat will disconnect from the Plaza.

8 Likes

While I enjoy a couple of the other maps, I absolutely agree with this. I don’t think all the other maps are bad (Midori is truly awful though), but GLXY is cleary the best map by a huge margin and I don’t think the new ballrace map looks fun at all.

Dude… calm down! It’s early access and everything is planned to be changed, fixed, or improved. before you posted this, you should have checked the rest of the forums and Trello! https://trello.com/b/6BwRMiPw/tower-unite-roadmap

@macdguy Hey Mac, about the “Video freezing”, i found a workaround fix, it doesn’t entirely fix the issue but now that i did the following my video freezes way less often.

1. Go to steam settings.
  2. Select “interface”
  3. Tickle [X] Enable hardware video decoding.

Since i did this my videos freezes way less often than before, just tought id let you know!

Thank you ~

1 Like

100% agree with ballrace
GLXY was the first map since GMT where it really felt like classic ballrace rather than an obstacle course. these other maps with these parts you’re forced to wait for are just absolutely tedious and completely ruin the racing element

GLXY didnt have any of that, it was an actual race for once and was really fun especially with friends. these other ones dont compare remotely, even the old GMT maps outshine them because they very rarely forced you to wait like some of these other ones do practically every level. this latest one is going to be exactly the same way based on the screenshots ive seen and even the map creator completely objecting when i mentioned this point, so its going to completely miss the mark

honestly its not hard to get. its ball RACE not ball obstacle course

1 Like

I do not object fast-paced gameplay. The reason Prism came to exist is because I’ve been wanting to try creating gameplay elements that are unique to Ball Race, such as the popping blocks and trampolines. It’s all meant to make the map more of a challenge.

As for all maps except GLXY “being bad because they are not fast-paced,” that’s just a preference thing. There is nothing wrong with a challenge. Every map has its own gameplay style, some may like them, some may not. I personally have no preferred gameplay style, whether it be a speedy race or a challenging course. I do agree that we could use some more fast-paced maps to vary the gameplay and I have something in mind that could work.

It’s just a name. For example, Planet Panic is not all about panicking. Besides, you are still racing your fellow players to get the lowest time in the game. Leaderboards will play a role in this aspect as well.

There’s nothing wrong with variety in maps but I’ve definitely seen a lot more people including myself enjoy GLXY much more because it lacks the elements that kill the pace of the game and keeps the fast pace, the other maps come short of that.

What kills it is the waiting, and how it lets people catch up no matter how fast you are, which gets extremely tedious after playing it so many times. I appreciate the work it takes to make these maps since they’re a massive pain in the ass, but it really is only GLXY so far that makes it feel like classic GMT ballrace.

1 Like

hey @Madmijk , as someone who plays ALOT of ballrace let me give you this feedback:

The other maps are different in style and are more of an obstacle course and i still enjoy playing them,
However, you have 4maps that are about obstacle course and only 1map that is about racing,
i think it would be a good idea to balance that so that there is 50/50, you could even add a tag on the maps (“obstacle course” or “racing”).

PS: people in the lobbies will vote for glxy 90% of the time… that’s a fact so there is clearly a bigger demand in the racing aspect.

ALSO, My feedback for the “Obstacles courses” maps:

• The background/skybox are so WHITE it hurts my eyes.
  • We can’t even see what we are typing in the chat because there is no black outline.
  • There is sections where we have to wait doing nothing for 5-6 seconds waiting for a platform to come or an elevator.

SUGGESTION:

• You guys could add a “3,2,1… Go!” before the start of every round in ballrace, That way the hosts doesn’t have the advantage of starting a bit before everyone else, and it fixes the problem of people facing backwards, because during this (3,2,1 … go!) they can properly adjust their camera.

• Shiro

I just think you need to adjust your monitor settings, it shouldn’t be like that.

This isn’t gonna be necessary, because the time is how long the person’s run was, starting from when they loaded in, not when the host did. Also the devs are working on the bug where people aren’t facing the right way and will be fixed eventually.