Mover Simple Elevator Guide

Here I come with a step-by-step guide about how to build a “fancy” elevator with working doors.

Build a structure like the one shown in this pic below (Does not need to be exactly like this, but you get the idea)

• Darkest canvas is what we will use as elevator
  • Lightest canvases are what we will use as floors

Now that you have these done, do the following:

Hold Shift and click on every single item that is gonna be used for the elevator, then press G to group it.

Now add a Mover Simple module next to the elevator group and give it a name so you can find it easier.

Now with the Connections tool, connect the mover with the elevator structure like shown in the following pic:

NOTE: The group will snap into the position the mover is, do follow the next step to solve this.

Adjust the offset so the items you have grouped do not overlap with the mover module:

Now connect the buttons to the mover module:

For the 0F button, do connect all doors and set up the following connections:

Do the same for the 1F button, but setting up a different GoTo Z value:

IMPORTANT: Repeat the same operation for each elevator button outside the elevator

If you don’t want the buttons to not be spammed, do add a toggle module and add the following on both On and Off conditions:

On:

Off:

Now that we have the toggle module, make each button SetOn the toggle module and buttons should deactivate.

Remember to SetOff the toggle when the elevator reaches the destination (OnEnd):

Now what about a video demonstrating how the elevator works?

Some tips to make the elevator more fancier:

• Do add sound emitters with Elevator Start and Elevator End and make them play when the mover starts and when the mover is about to end.
  • I do recommend setting up relays and fire those with the buttons
  • You can add a counter module and triggers (with player collision only) to display in what floor is the elevator.
  • I do not recommend using textures with world align set, will make the interior of the elevator act weird.
7 Likes

Thank you so much!

:black_heart: :black_heart: :black_heart:

Did some updates on the guide apart from adding some tips at the end of the OP

2 Likes