Movement Items Megathread

I’ve listed out a bunch of Ideas the discord had for moving around in condos and in the plazas. Feel free to post your own in the replies.

• Glider (Glides)

• Witch Broom (Faster Horizontal Motion)

• Skateboard (Grounded, Jumping puts the player into a flip mode changing the function of their movement keys [WASD] to rotate the player quickly in all directions, Shift to make the player boost themselves by kicking off the ground making them faster)

• Hoverboard (Same as skateboard but looks way cooler and has a rocket effect rather than kicking off the ground, also floats higher allowing for sicker flips.)

MOON SHOES

7 Likes

jet set radio styled rollerblades

2 Likes

Even though we already have the Jetpack, I would agree that I’d like to see other items.
So why not have an All Terrain Kart?

3 Likes

Re-colored slightly slower speed boots for all the non-backers.

2 Likes

#DUCK SHOES

they let you swiftfully walk/hover across water

1 Like
  • Grappling Hook
  • Something that gives us the ability to dash, charge, double jump.
  • Something parkour themed that gives the ability to climb up walls, ledges, swing from poles and run along the sides of walls.
  • Rocket (similar to jetpacks but super powerful, can shoot the player upwards and/or forwards.)
  • Wings (Basically enables LC ghosts ability to free fly and hover.
  • Running shoes (Pretty much identical to speed shoes but with a different trail / no trail at all.)
  • …a map? Not like the stationary ones around the plaza in gmt but a map you actually carry and can fast travel with.

Would also like to see different variants of jetpacks. (and if added from above rockets and wings.) The current one could be renamed to something like “Futuristic Jetpack” and we could get variants like for example “Soda Bottles”,

1 Like

i know mac said he wants or is planning to add the fast travel map ingame

1 Like

Not really an item, but a change for the current jetpack. If we get alternate jetpacks in the future, I think the current 10k unit one should be nerfed (i.e: limited fly time) so there’s more incentive to use other movement tools. That said, having a more expensive jetpack further in the game with unlimited fuel would be sweet.

2 Likes

Clown shoes that make a silly noise whenever you walk, Like a clown(duh)
Bio-tech enhancements that fold in when not used, Kind of like the blue beetle(they make tyou go faster jump higher fly, maybe throw thing farther, maybe the option to have lasers comes from your eyes)
Slime shoes that make you bounce after you hit the floor from an elevated height, Like minecraft
Hoverboard that makes you a bit faster and a bit elavated, like from back to the future no.2(the best one)
wheeled shoes that make you look dope (next part optional)and the swag glasses appear on your face
rabbit ears that make you hop go faster and jump higher, like in smash
Spider web or acrobatic rope that let’s you swing from building to bulding
tight rope make a walkable rope that can connect from and object to another
T-rex legs makes you take bigger steps but makes arms smaller which limit item pick up range
Black hole, teleports you to a random place or specific areas

1 Like

I’d rather the differences be purely cosmetic. Rather not have players being forced to settle with a specific one just because it’s better.

That said I actually wouldn’t mind players starting with a limited / weaker jetpack when they start the game. (Like the condo tools.) Although a jetpack isn’t required its pretty much the first thing any new player should buy, so why not start them with a basic one?

1 Like

That’s the main reason I want to nerf the jetpack. Even if we add all these movement tools, they’ll be useless right now because the current jetpacks provide unlimited mobility in all directions.

2 Likes

I’m resurrecting my three year old suggestion:

Golf Carts

This vehicle is somewhat top heavy, probably slow, and can seat up to four players at once!

4 Likes

No I agree with him, it should definitely just be cosmetic.

Regardless of whether or not different items work differently or just look different, I’d want there to be tiers so that you don’t have unlimited mobility for 10k units. It seems unbalanced that one round of any gameworld is enough to mean you never have to walk around the plaza.

1 Like

I would love to see comeback of the Ballrace and Minigolf-morphs in the Plaza. These could however already be planned as a milestone items. For those unaware, what I mean is just the ability to transform yourself into a Ballrace ball, or a minigolf ball.

Double Jump has been submitted before, but I think it is a necessity when talking about movement items.

And most importantly, I would LOVE the ability to “rocketjump” in any form. Making traveling the Plaza fun, creating your own challenges of where you could get with the thing. I know it’s a “brand” of its own, but hopefully that ain’t an issue. Basically a weapon instead of a wearable, that knocks you back on each shot.

5 Likes