More updates or More content per update

I bought this game last Christmas and there’s hardly anything new. At this pace the game will be outdated by something new and completed…Hire more people or something…pick up the pace…

Oh boy

4 Likes

Early Access

4 Likes

Dude.

3 Likes

umm.

3 Likes

Please gain a basic understanding of game development before suggesting this.

It is not as simple as “hire more people or something”. Hiring someone requires an applicant who wants the job and is qualified for the position, and the hiring process also involves members of the team reviewing the applicant’s previous work, among other things. It is a very complicated process.

The process of making content to update the game with is even more complex. That requires:

1. Coming up with ideas
  2. Designing and refining current and further ideas
  3. Implementing the systems that support it into the engine and further, the game
  4. Creating and implementing all the different parts
  5. Rigorous testing
  6. Polishing
  7. Even more testing
  8. Final testing
  9. Building the version of the game files that have the update
  10. Sending it to Steam for release
    These are all massive undertakings. There’s probably even something I missed here.

As a customer, all you have to do is wait for the updates to come out.

11 Likes

How could Zombie Massacre and loads of furniture be nothing? And besides early access… Give the devs time.

1 Like

I’m closing this thread because I can see it easily getting out of hand quicklly.

First off, sorry you don’t like the speed we are going. Making Game Worlds is time consuming (they’re basically miniature games) and we had a couple major set backs with staff members unexpectedly leaving the project (they left on their own accord).

We are picking up the pace, but making games takes a long time and we are pretty understaffed with a game of this size, but that doesn’t mean we are stopping anytime soon.

We are a very small indie company and we have been hiring new people (we have a new programmer, animator, and two artists), but new developers is very costly (20-30k a year or more). We also are self funded, meaning we have no investors or loans, which is something I’m personally proud of. Hiring new developers takes time and getting them up to speed with the project code also takes a long time.

We plan to resume bi-weekly or at least monthly major updates.

We wanted to spend more time with the Zombie Massacre update to refresh the team and make a great Game World that wasn’t entirely rushed out the door.

11 Likes