Minigolf Connection Problems & Errors

It’s rare that I can actually play Minigolf in gMod: Tower. However I always end up getting a connection error or timeout because it takes too long to load.
I was only able to play minigolf three times so far

This is what got on console prior to typing this up, followed by [Connection failed after four retries]:

Starting a game of Minigolf with 9 players!

Sending you to Minigolf
Redirecting you to: [Redacted] (password: [Redacted] )[Redacted] [Redacted]
Connecting to [Redacted]…
Connected to [Redacted]:[Redacted]

GMod Tower: Minigolf
Map: gmt_minigolf_garden05
Players: 2 / 20
Build: 6317
Server Number: 87

[GMT] Minigolf #1
http://www.gmtower.org/apps/loading2/index.php?map=%m&steamid=%s
minigolf
gmt_minigolf_garden05
Requesting 3 lua files from the server
Map file wasn’t found, copying it from addon…
PREP OK
Failed to load $include VMT file (materials/LIQUIDS/AZTECWATER.vmt)
Error: Material “maps/gmt_minigolf_zen/liquids/aztecwater_742_2451_5” uses unknown shader “patch”
Error: Material “maps/gmt_minigolf_zen/liquids/aztecwater_1101_1306_-15” uses unknown shader “patch”
Error: Material “maps/gmt_minigolf_zen/liquids/aztecwater_306_2907_-27” uses unknown shader “patch”
Error: Material “maps/gmt_minigolf_zen/liquids/aztecwater_-968_2015_-126” uses unknown shader “patch”
Couldn’t get HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c-13_-194_34.hdr’ – Trying non HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c-13_-194_34’
Failed, using default cubemap ‘engine/defaultcubemap’
Couldn’t get HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c-53_1899_-23.hdr’ – Trying non HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c-53_1899_-23’
Couldn’t get HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c-968_2015_-126.hdr’ – Trying non HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c-968_2015_-126’
Couldn’t get HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c306_2907_-27.hdr’ – Trying non HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c306_2907_-27’
Couldn’t get HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c742_2451_5.hdr’ – Trying non HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c742_2451_5’
Couldn’t get HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c1101_1306_-15.hdr’ – Trying non HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c1101_1306_-15’
Couldn’t get HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c916_255_17.hdr’ – Trying non HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c916_255_17’
Couldn’t get HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c2724_-327_22.hdr’ – Trying non HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c2724_-327_22’
Couldn’t get HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c2339_-1469_-23.hdr’ – Trying non HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c2339_-1469_-23’
Couldn’t get HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c1479_-1013_25.hdr’ – Trying non HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c1479_-1013_25’
Couldn’t get HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c-487_-1112_39.hdr’ – Trying non HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c-487_-1112_39’
Couldn’t get HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c-1380_-1235_-39.hdr’ – Trying non HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c-1380_-1235_-39’
Couldn’t get HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c1209_-218_-4.hdr’ – Trying non HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c1209_-218_-4’
Couldn’t get HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c-80_584_45.hdr’ – Trying non HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c-80_584_45’
Couldn’t get HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c-802_-224_9.hdr’ – Trying non HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c-802_-224_9’
Couldn’t get HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c182_-1322_37.hdr’ – Trying non HDR ‘maps/gmt_minigolf_garden05/c182_-1322_37’
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/cattails.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/cattails.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/cliffs/rocks_medium03.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/cliffs/rocks_medium03.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/cliffs/rocks_small01.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/cliffs/rocks_small01.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/garden/gardenterrain.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/tree_dead01.mdl)
Disconnect: XzTS timed out.
Disconnect: XzTS timed out.

This seems to happen mostly with Karafuru Gardens
The only one that works with no problems is Moon
Forest seems to load too, although I’m missing textures on my end but at least it’s just for the background

Just type “retry” into console when that happens; it usually lets you rejoin. The errors are totally unrelated to actually connecting, so no need to worry about those (in this case, anyway).

1 Like

How long does it usually take to ping & load minigolf?

This seems to happen mostly with Karafuru Gardens

all these errors are normal in gmt, gmt is just a buggy mess, no wonder TU exists

also i always use retry, i never connect the first time, if you have a high ping i don’t really know, maybe just try over and over because minigolf matches are pretty long, once you have been in the queue you can always join the game from history if the game you were queued in for is still running, people also use this feature to glitch the queue (don’t ask me how i know so much about it :smirk: )

That and my ISP sucks, the ping is almost as bad as the speed you’d get most of the month as opposed to what you’re paying for

I tried to do that, but for some reason I can’t pull up terminal after that happens

You can always just bind a key to it. I’d suggest a key on the numpad or something so you wouldn’t accidentally press it though.

you don’t need the terminal, you can just go to your history tab and find the GMT minigolf there

Ah right, I forgot about that