MIDI device support for in game instruments

I think it would be cool if the game had MIDI device support so that you could play in game instruments with something other than your computer keyboard. Whilst piano is obvious of how to map the keys, for something like the drums, it would be awesome if you were also able to remap the keys.

I don’t know how easy it is to implement MIDI data to a game, or if it’s even possible at all, but if it could be done it would allow for a unique creative expression to the game and breathe new life into the instruments, giving a fresh option over the often finnicky playability of a computer keyboard.

This has already been suggested and is planned. Please use the search bar first before suggesting something

3 Likes

Both a planned feature, and I think someone made a program that does that for you.

1 Like

My apologies. Thanks for letting me know!

I wrote the program for it, you can get it here;

It’s far from perfect because of the black keys requiring shift to be held, meaning lots of white + black keys together sometimes slip up and it shifts up the white keys. Having good FPS seems to help but other than that it’s very capable of playing many things.
It’ll be amazing when we do get full MIDI support :slight_smile:

This is fantastic! I can’t wait for full MIDI support too, but until then, this is wonderful! Thank you so much!