Media Player (TV screen, youtube) features

Multiple suggestions relating to the Media Player in player Condos

Display info on a turned-off player (idea already added)
If a Media Player has a video playing but the player has the screen turned off, show the video thumbnail and a ‘play’ overlay. The plaza already does this https://i.imgur.com/kyc8AuW.png and condos should do it too.
This would let people see that there is media that they can choose to view.

’Save’ videos to a player

Let the condo owner tick a ‘save’ on each video in a player’s queue. A ‘saved’ video would move to the bottom of the queue after having played, instead of disappearing.
When a condo instance is started, it would load any saved videos into the player’s queues automatically.
This would let videos loop and let single-purpose screens not need to be manually re-queued by the owner.

Automatically play media players, using a range system

Players automatically enable themselves when a player is in range, similar to the plaza’s media players. Unlike the plaza defining rooms, the range of condo autoplay would be done by a sphere like the halloween sound emitter item.

To prevent multiple media players from playing at the same time if you are in range of multiple, the player with the smallest range area would play.
Example of which player you would have playing, depending on where you are standing:

Smallest takes priority

Unified players

An option to have multiple players play the same video/audio at the same time. Single rendertarget on multiple displays. As this isn’t using any extra resources or download, if your primary range sphere (the smallest one, see previous suggestion) is linked to other displays, they will also display as long as you’re also inside their range.

They already do this, though?

Oops, guess I haven’t paused media in a condo for a while. Just saw it in the plaza, I guess they did it to both at the same time.

1 Like

God I just really want automatic mall music when entering a shop in my condo. This and having a cinema automatically play whatever is on the big screen. I also suggest both a sphere and box shape for players to edit the range. This way rooms can be more specific, better for rooms that are close together.

4 Likes

I added some pictures

I agree with this, but suggested just a sphere to start with because that already exists with the halloween audio emitter.

1 Like

Holy cow yes please, I would love to be able to save media in order to automatically be playing when somebody enters

3 Likes