[MAP Bug Megathread] Zombie Massacre: Acrophobia

Hey everyone, this is a a thread for all bugs related to ZM: Acrophobia.

It would be great if people could explain where an issue lies, with a screenshot or video, and we’ll try and get round to fixing them when we can. Once we have fixed an issue or believed to have fixed an issue, I will delete the post made by the user just so the thread doesn’t get too crowded. If the issue still remains and hasn’t quite been fixed properly, please post it again.

Thanks everyone!

UPDATED 11TH APRIL 2022, FIXES WILL ARRIVE IN NEXT UPDATE

1 Like

Hello, there is a rare bug in Acrophobia on Day 6 where, if you lost all your lives and had to restart, the boss will die upon spawning again. While it is not shown in the video, the boss dies and then its body flies up into the air before falling back and has the burning effect. The HP bar however does not change and remain the same as if the boss had not lost any HP when it died.

Steps to reproduce :
1, Reach Day 6
2. Since I am not sure if it can happen when starting Day 6 normally (when you see the Queen entrance), I recommend losing your lives and then restarting Day 6 where the Queen won’t spawn immediately.

Survivor Traps can be placed on the sides of the railings. This is easy to pull off by ramps where there are railings present. If a trap is placed on the railing they do not do anything.

1 Like

Melee weapons have bad detection when on ramped surfaces, or at the top of ramped surfaces. They are unable to attack zombies directly in front of you if they are even slightly beneath the same level as the player.

2 Likes

There’s a few spots on the highest level of the map where zombies have trouble getting up the ramps. I wasn’t able to recreate these on day 1, but zombies seem to get stuck in these spots consistently on any other day.

Edit: I just found another spot where zombies get stuck, this time at one of the doors to an interior space rather than on the highest level.

The fog in this map doesn’t appear with DirectX 10.

The fog can also disappear with DirectX 11 if you enter the map with DirectX 10, close the game, and reboot. You can get the fog to re-appear but it seems pretty inconsistent how it fixes itself, once I just turned ambient occlusion off and on and it fixed itself, but sometimes I have to reboot the game.

Similar to melee, ranged weapons don’t work very well on ramps. Their “range” is pretty much point blank and you get attacked in melee.

This is particularly noticeable on the steep narrow ramp at the front which zombies often cluster on.

Screenshot from 2022-05-04 00-22-09

I would suggest allowing the weapon to aim down about 50% of the incline of the ramp. So if it is a 45 degree ramp that you’re standing on, the hitscan/physics trajectory should be around 22.5 degrees.

This is tricky, because you have to take into account which direction the player is facing. So you would probably need a function that can detect if the player is on a ramp, then take the vector of the ramp (which you probably have for mob pathfinding anyway?) and combine it with the player’s vector and average it somehow, really depends on your implementation. I’ve done similar things in Unity/Doom, but I don’t know how you would do it in UE.

In a recent game I dropped a healing field on one of the catwalks and it “fell” through the catwalk onto the level below.

This can be “fine” so long as the healing field reaches up that high, but I was being mobbed and didn’t stick around to find out.

the blue zombies/ranged zombies ignore ceilings, and throw their projectiles through them, and can do it from above and bellow.
Like you’ll be in a building, a blue zombie crawls on top of the building and starts hailing on you from above where you can’t hit it.

Zombies can spawn stuck in one of the roofs in the map. They can only be killed using the nearby exploding barrel.

2 Likes