[Map Bug Megathread] SDNL: Decommission

Hey everyone, this is a thread for all bugs related to SDNL: Decommission

It would be great if people could explain where an issue lies, with a screenshot or video, and we’ll try and get round to fixing them when we can. Once we have fixed an issue or believed to have fixed an issue, I will delete the post made by the user just so the thread doesn’t get too crowded. If the issue still remains and hasn’t quite been fixed properly, please post it again.

Thanks everyone!

I don’t have images prepared so you’ll just have to trust me on this one, sorry. I forgot to submit a report earlier but now I’m cozy in my bed and I do not want to get up. images attached below

There’s a few concrete tubes on the ceiling of the map that should have metal fan blades in them, but most of the blades are offset and floating in the air.

The frames of the small square wall lights typically placed along the ramps aren’t actually textured (the emissive bit is, though).

edit: Also this bit of wall to the right of the Drainage Tunnel is untextured.

1 Like

I guess this is probably more of an oversight than an actual bug, but the sludge pits in Decommission don’t have a special death effect, even though there’s one already made for Acid that you can use with the Damage/Heal volumes.

2 Likes

I’ve played a good 5-ish matches of Decommission and during that time I bonked into the hanging ceiling lamps more times than I could count. If they could be moved out of the way somehow that would be great, but if not, I think it would be just as good if they were left as-is but with their collision disabled.

edit: just to be clear, I’m talking about these

1 Like

Since the lamp collision thread got moved here, figured this would be the correct place to post various things that got in the way of movement during gameplay:

Pipe handles: Applies to both the larger red variant and smaller silver variant. Includes the pipe “nub” that sticks out, too.

Red pipes next to “heating tower inlet”, gets in the way when trying to jump out of that corner (although not sure why the corner exists anyways)

Invisible ceiling: Located on top of the injection tank. Actually extends across the entire open space, but only really noticeable here. Prevents you from jumping from the top of the injection tank to anywhere else.

Can accidentally get behind these containers here (esp. via katana dash). You can double jump out, so you aren’t stuck, but it’s kind of a pain.

Red pipes on both sides of this raised walkway: You can easily run into them when jumping near them, and double jumping near them can sometimes get you caught on top of them. Raising them slightly would probably solve the problem. The walkway on the other side has them lower down, so that’s an option as well.

You can also get caught on the fluorescent lamps next to them while double jumping as well.

The signs on each side of the walkway are easy to bump into as well:

Wires that the signs hang from:

Pipes next to one of the raised walkways: Includes the one horizontal part of the pipe near the ceiling as well, easy to bump into when double jumping off of the walkway.

Metal door: Both doors in the hallway do get in the way sometimes, but this one is especially low. Another similar doorway doesn’t have the door entirely, which is probably the better option.

You can get stuck in these pipes if you double jump from the raised walkway toward the left side.

You can also get stuck between these pipes if you’re crouching while you double jump near this area.

You can also get caught between these two panels. Not a big issue, but would be nice if it was one smooth collision block instead.

Also, more of a minor issue, but this rolling ladder model isn’t climbable like regular stairs, and makes you slide off if you try to jump on top of it. The boiler(?) model right next to it is also weirdly easy to fall off of when you’re near the edges of the top.

These hanging tubes should also probably be removed/repositioned since they don’t have collision even though it seems like you can jump onto them from some areas.

We were playing CTF yesterday and for some reason the flags dissappeared nowhere to be found.

One plausible thing that happened is that the flags fell out of bounds, making them unreachable.

The sludge in the corridor between the Drainage Tunnel and the Injection Tank is completely safe to stand in, unlike all of the other sludge in the map.