[Map Bug Megathread] Condo: Resort

Regarding my las post, i made a new thread since it looks like that issue might be client related and doesnt affect everyone. but building more today i found something else.

Invisible non collision Floor In the Tower
has collision when trying to place/copy something, floor seems to be right on the line of the wall texture

Yeah, the RAM usage is pretty damn out of control.

In the “Secret Floor” area there is a weird dark lighting. Also you can’t change the type of light or the light’s color

And this bug is still present

On The West side of the suites to the left all of the doors or offset and you are able to see through the world on the bottoms of them

it seems that small models (tested default skeleton with tiny potion) can and will fall into this small hole, and will fall under the map

the place where my friend is standing is the hole (off by a few centimeters pretty sure?)

1 Like

Not all geometry surfaces can be customised for materials, and there are inconsistencies as to what can be.

For example:-

Condo Hallway East and North has these overhanging tiles can be modified, but not so with those in Condo Hallway West

The following surfaces can not be changed:-

• Light Pillars in Condo Check-in, Atrium Teleporters, and Atrium
  • ‘Tile Patterned’ pillars in the Plaza/Mall area.
  • The Bar in the Bar area
  • The grey Square Carpet in Arcade stairwell
  • The secret sliding door/wall panel in Theatre Hallway
    There’s probably more…

Also, sometimes the colour of surfaces is not persisting and/or not being networked to clients.

[0.16.0.1] The Dev HQ is now really dark for some reason.

Really disappointed that this thread has gone ignored for so long

Broken lighting on metallic/chrome materials and surfaces

(Overhead tiles still can’t be customised!)

Aquarium in the Bar area does not have collider and can be entered

Can’t customise the material on the pillars in the mall area

Terracotta tiles and bath panel materials can’t be customised

I made mention in the recent survey about how older Condo maps require a lot of polish and QoL work to bring them to the same or similar standard of quality as that of Courtyard Villa.

In regards to this…

Please can we get some fixes?

1 Like

I intend to go through and update the Condo maps slowly after completing Catzek. House, Underwater, and Resort have especially degraded in recent updates due to game-wide optimisations that took place. Unfortunately those are also the most frustratingly designed maps to work with (even in Editor), so they often get brushed under the rug.

3 Likes

Issue: Center ceiling tiles cannot be retextured, despite the tiles in the other two hallway ceilings being able to.

Theater screen doesn’t save IO connections

The theater screen doesn’t appear to save IO connections. In the example images below I’m having the theater screens media mirrored to a CRT Monitor and a Projector

Before exiting condo:

After restarting condo:

Hole in the stairs of Arcade

The larger ones were fixed in 0.17.3.0, but here’s still a very slight crack on the right side of the bottom of the stairs leading down to the second level and the third level down.

And a small hole on the left of the top of the stairs of the first and second levels

Maintenance Hallways lighting kinda bad

The lighting in the “Maintenance Hallways” sorta doesn’t exist. There’s a small section where there’s light on the lower hallway towards the vent that leads to the catwalks, but most of the lighting there is out of bounds anyways, as seen below.

This means objects and players will only be lit by the little indirect light that the sun/moon allow for in here (which I feel like should be none but still).

Suite doors post-0.17.3.0

0.17.3.0 had this change listed:

Condo - Resort: Fixed gaps under individual suite doors

I’m not exactly sure what this is referring to, but there’s still plenty of cracks from what I can see

Condo 2

Condo 3

Condo 8

Condo 11

Jittery stair collision

I saw this in the 0.17.3.0 patchnotes and am not sure exactly what it’s referring to,

Condo - Resort: Improved stair collisions

but for the sake of nitpickery…

The ones circled in red don’t seem to be smooth, the one in green does appear to be. These are small enough to where it’s hard to notice, but it’s noticable going slow.

The arcade curvy stairs has iffy collision, it’s also not smooth and you do get caught on the steps going up them sometimes.

And these stairs also aren’t smooth and you can get stuck on them. The lower set you can get caught on normally, the top two I think you need to crouch to get stuck.

These stairs leading to the pool, and the steps in the pool aren’t clipped/smoothed.

The stairs in the suites don’t appear to be clipped.

The stairs in plaza room 2, 3, 4, and 5 aren’t clipped I think, but they’re hard to notice due to how short they are.

The cabin stairs aren’t smooth but again, it’s only like three steps I’m not sure these ones matter.

Suite fence shadows are messed up

I never noticed this before, not sure if it’s new or not in 0.17.8.0, just checked after seeing + Added – Tower/Content/Textures/Lobby/Condo/lobbyOne/suiteFence_C.uasset (743 B) in the

1 Like