[Map Bug Megathread] Condo: Courtyard Villa

Hey everyone, this is a a thread for all bugs related to Condo - Courtyard Villa

It would be great if people could explain where an issue lies, with a screenshot or video, and we’ll try and get round to fixing them when we can. Once we have fixed an issue or believed to have fixed an issue, I will delete the post made by the user just so the thread doesn’t get too crowded. If the issue still remains and hasn’t quite been fixed properly, please post it again.

Thanks everyone!

UPDATED 3RD JUNE 2023, FIXES WILL ARRIVE IN NEXT UPDATE

Inconsistent UVs and Seams visible along skirting boards and door frames

Fog very noticeably leaks into the interior

1 Like

everything under da map is now blue.

This now interferes with any builds players made below the ocean volume. This probably happens in other maps and has to do with the new Water Effects.

1 Like

Normal Map inverted for world align materials on the courtyard balcony.

This is a wider standing issue with world align materials in general, but most condo surfaces don’t suffer from this.

Comparison to normal normal maps (non-world align)

1 Like

FPS takes a significant drop in the northern half of the courtyard while in daylight, but is fine at night.

While looking at this area during daytime, the FPS will constantly jump from ~25 to ~60

I’ve been having fps drops in the courtyard area specifically too, although for me it lags at any time of day. it also only seems to happen after ive placed down a certain amount of items in the condo (not enough to justify the items alone making the frames drop as much as they do, though)

1 Like

i can confirm that ive experienced an fps difference depending on the time of day, maybe more or less depending on your rig since cal doesn’t seem to experience it

i used to have a pretty crappy rig, gt 1030 with whatever i don’t know cpu & 8 gb of ram, i distinctly remember the game running much much better during nighttime, i’d say 20, 30 fps increase

with my current rig (rtx 3060, ryzen 5 5600G, 16 gb ram), i haven’t noticed any huge distinctive increase/decrease in fps so i think it’s definitely somewhat dependent on your specs

i’ll do a bit of testing and update this later if i remember to…

After some accidental experiments, I’ve figured out that it has to do with the direct sky light. If you have Moonlight intensity down to zero at night, the shadows will not be rendered (?). What’s weird is the location of the performance hit.
The Courtyard is where the Origin of the map is, so maybe it has to do with that?

1 Like

Kitchen closet doors are noticably larger in scale compared to the other doors.

6 Likes

Mentioned this in the Discord and got a dev response, but figured it was best to post things here as well.

I’m running into a similar lag issue as reported above, where the game starts getting extreme amounts of lag in the courtyard area unless the time’s set to night with moonlight intensity set to zero, but only if any menu is open, causing the cursor to be on-screen.

2 Likes

There is now a shadow/darker lighting around the pool cover. It’s most noticeable at dusk and night.

1 Like

The pool cover’s texture doesn’t save after leaving the Condo, and it doesn’t reset properly.