MAP - Ball Race: Event Horizon

It’s probably named after the actual scientific term/concept. MY issue with the name is that it breaks the single-word rule.

2 Likes

Solution: call it Gargantua

EDIT: or to continue the GLXY theme go with HORIZN

1 Like

yeeeeeeees it looks so cool

Event horizon is just the scientific term for the distance from a black hole where gravity is strong enough that you can no longer escape its pull. So, there’s no issue.

HOLY SHIT LOOK AT DEM GRAFIKS!

But in all seriousness damn, I’m gonna love this.

1 Like

Why start a new map when there are still 6 others that are not finished. 2 of those 6 maps are for SNDL which hasn’t been released yet however, but still

None of those 6 upcoming maps are for Ball Race.

3 Likes

Lifeless isn’t working on a map at the moment (except for the SNDL map but it’s not out yet). Theres fort, another map Johanna and Lifeless both don’t work on. As for the other ones, they have been put on hold at this time I would believe.

It does get boring playing memories for the 100th time so its better then nothing

minigolf new map ahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahaahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahaha

Lifeless is only working on maps for a gamemode that won’t be out for months. The artists have to do SOMETHING with themselves while the programmers are busy trying to fix how fucked the back end is right now.

4 Likes

Working on Lobby 3 for 6+ months was also a thing, so I wanted to work on something else for a bit.

15 Likes

Right, sorry, in my head I sorta pieced it together where you and Johanna did phase one, but for phase 2 it was mostly her.

It looks awesome.

Oh no I wasn’t referring to what you were saying, it was a just in general thing. Lobby 3 took a long time and it was a lot of the same thing for awhile, dropping into a small project like a Ball Race map is kinda a relief. Ill return to Lobby 3 soon.

9 Likes

But also referring back to the multiple maps being in dev at once. Our game is relatively unique in that it can have quite a lot of different maps, but for similar games you’ll find some maps are probably all being worked on at different times, scrapped, restarted and so on. Everyone of course only knows we have multiple maps in the process of being worked on is purely because we do try and be open with our work. So just keep that in mind.

10 Likes

Yeah, but there’s still 6 unfinished maps.

And every single one has a good reason it’s not being worked on. Village, Odyssey, and Jurassic Pork are all made primarily by Johanna, who is busy doing phase 2 of the lobby. This is way more important for the game right now than extra maps. Fort is basically done but is waiting for Planet Panic to be totally redone ground up. Container Ship and Anchient Ruins are for a game world that won’t be out for months.

2 Likes

@EvKem @balianthemighty I am fully aware that the map and movie are named after the same scientific term, I am solely refering to what you see first if you enter it into Google (Images).

I really don’t think it’s that big a deal. Out of the devs hands anyway.

@Lifeless Where or how do you draw up concepts for maps and things? I personally love the design of Event Horizon but where did you develop the Idea for it?