• Dueling Arena Exterior
  • Beach-side Fishing Hole
  • Peninsula Fishing Hole

Misc Changes

• Updated foliage in various areas around the map
  • Added fencing and details around the beach-side fishing hole
  • Fixed the concrete appearing metallic
  • New toy stop advertisement
  • Changed from the Volumetric Indirect Lighting System to the VLM Sparse Volume Lighting System.
  • There is now only one lobby elevator that goes to Project 12
  • Reduced the size of the cartoonishly large stair steps at the theater exterior entrance
  • Replaced "GAMES" sign with higher quality model
  • Updated materials on boardwalk
  • Added additional pathways to the beach side fishing hole
9 Likes
  • A new checklist named "Bumper Cars Exterior" has been added to the card.
  • The checklist "Checklist" has been renamed to "Additions".
  • The checklist "Bumper Cars Exterior" has been renamed to "Checklist".
6 Likes
  • A new checklist named "Changes" has been added to the card.
  • "Dueling Arena Exterior" has been checked off on the "Additions" checklist.
6 Likes
  • "Peninsula Fishing Hole" has been checked off on the "Additions" checklist.
  • "Beach-side Fishing Hole" has been checked off on the "Additions" checklist.
6 Likes
  • The checklist "Changes" has been renamed to "Minor Changes".
  • "New toy stop advertisement" has been checked off on the "Changes" checklist.
  • "Fixed the concrete appearing metallic" has been checked off on the "Changes" checklist.
  • "Added fencing and details around the beach-side fishing hole" has been checked off on the "Changes" checklist.
  • "Updated foliage in various areas around the map" has been checked off on the "Changes" checklist.
6 Likes
  • The checklist "Minor Changes" has been renamed to "Misc Changes".
6 Likes

Literally can’t make up your mind :stuck_out_tongue:
It’s immediately almost done as soon as it’s
Never mind, corrected by the bot in r e a l t i m e

• "Changed from the Volumetric Indirect Lighting System to the VLM Sparce Volume Lighting System." has been checked off on the "Misc Changes" checklist.
7 Likes
  • "There is now only one lobby elevator that goes to Project 12" has been checked off on the "Misc Changes" checklist.
6 Likes

eBic

Um…u wot now? Lol

1 Like

I always wondered what kind of magic was merging two elevators into one.

I tried to look on the unreal documentation and from what I can see it looks like the same thing… and that it’s been replaced in 4.18?

Not sure if that’s what’s the case here, but it says that the Indirect Lighting Cache has been replaced and that it can be manually enabled by setting it to “VLM Sparse Volume Lighting Samples” - doesn’t that mean it’s the same thing?
Edit: Maybe it meant “Changed from Volumetric Lightmap to Sparse Volume Lighting Samples”? If that’s the case, why?
Not trying to prod or anything, legitimately curious here.

• "Reduced the size of the cartoonishly large stair steps at the theater exterior entrance" has been checked off on the "Misc Changes" checklist.
6 Likes
  • "Added additional pathways to the beach side fishing hole" has been checked off on the "Misc Changes" checklist.
  • "Updated materials on boardwalk" has been checked off on the "Misc Changes" checklist.
  • "Replaced "GAMES" sign with higher quality model" has been checked off on the "Misc Changes" checklist.
6 Likes

4 Likes

Oh, interesting. Sucks that volumetric lightmaps still don’t support level streaming almost 2 years after its release. I’m sure there’s some sort of technical hurdle that would make it difficult, but oh well.

Hmm. I wonder if by “old system”, she means the one from the alpha. That’s the only time I can recall the lighting being different. And if that’s the case, I’ll be stoked because that lighting was far superior.

5 Likes

No, she doesn’t. You’re thinking of baked lighting, which affects the lighting of maps. As she says, volumetric lightmaps control how objects are lit while moving around the world.

3 Likes