Little Crusaders Dragon Buff

Hi. Jeff,

I’ve been playing Little Crusaders for awhile now.

I too am a UCH veteran, having played both the stand-alone Gmod gamemode (Much more balanced), and the Gmod tower version.

I’ve gotten to a point in this game where I rarely die unless it was either from me being cocky trying to tailwhip someone when I clearly didn’t need to, and when I get swarmed. Here are a few things I feel definitely need changing:

• Unless it’s to get someone off your back, tailwhip is actually close to useless. It’s hitbox is fucking awful, freezes you in place, and can’t be used alongside other moves. The tailwhip is very unresponsive too, and sometimes I believe the crusaders have more range than the tailwhip does. Clearly the one ability that needs a buff.
    The tailwhip stun (stun during use) needs to be removed pronto, and it needs to be made a tad more responsive, if not fixing it’s hitbox.

• Mouth shitboxes are pretty much gone now I believe, which I’m happy about.

• Flight is still a bit bad since I can find myself able to just spam jump to avoid being pressed long enough to let off another roar.

• I’m happy that in this version, Roaring is much more devastating than it used to be back in UCH, but it’s gotten to the point where you basically need to use it. If they were to nerf the cooldown a bit (And fix the issue where you can sometimes get spooked AFTER the roar finishes), and buffed the Tailwhip, that’d work.
    They also need to implement something that prevents the Dragon from using it to chase Crusaders, seeing as it drain’s their sprint so quickly and leaves them vulnerable long enough for the Dragon to catch them.

1 Like

Let’s be honest, chimera is OP as shit in standalone UCH. (tail whipping while BITING) The only reason its balanced is because the pigs can bhop and there’s upwards of 30 of them sometimes.
A few more suggestions:

• I don’t think the dragon should be able to be killed at as wide of an angle as he is able to right now, as he doesn’t have the super wide mouth like the chimera did. As far as I can tell, chimera could kill more along the side of his body and his button could be pressed from way way way smaller an area.

• Increasing the max knights after a dragon buff would totally be justified. Unless every single knight is grouped up then it doesn’t really matter if there’s a lot of them if the dragon is good (unless its HQ.) I firmly believe dragon should be difficult to win as, but only difficult because of a skill floor, not bad abilities.

• Just me being selfish, but please add a map with a similar layout to Downtown. Maybe have a watchtower in the middle or something.

I feel this would be a suitable reballence

-Crusaders on top of the dragon are effected by his bite and tail swipe.
-Dragon has meter-based fireball ability, Meter takes 30 seconds to recharge. (Fireball is slow but instantly kills it’s victim on a direct hit, hitting a wall of floor leaves fire behind for 10 seconds, [fire slows down and eventually kills any Crusader who touches it for too long], allowing the Dragon to more effectively defend himself from rushing Crusaders.)
-Crusaders now move 30% slower when not sprinting, this is to prevent hard reads from occurring (Seriously, It’s infuriating)
-Crusaders are all given swords at the start of a round, these do not have any effect on the Dragon’s button, but can be thrown to hinder his movement upon scoring a direct hit (Sword cannot be thrown while sprinting and can be countered by a precise fireball).
-Dragon now has thermal vision, this allows him to see Crusaders through walls for a brief period, this ability can only be used once every 60 seconds and only lasts for 10 seconds.
-increase the hit box on all Dragon’s bite and tail swipe
-decrease the hit box on the Dragon’s button

These changes (I hope) will move the focus of LC from reading the your enemies like your playing Smash Bros to actual teamwork and co-ordination as well as giving the dragon at least a fair chance of actually winning, instead of getting rushed.

I want to do some testing to see where exactly the button’s histbox starts and stops