Limited Time Event Items

This was just an idea I got from playing other games. It feels great to feel like you got something that is different than everything else people have. I was thinking just like how you level up to get items in the Game Worlds you could have a seasonal reward tier for items you can earn to play around with in the Plaza that will be limited time for playing those games.

It will push people to play the minigames more and get on more to earn the rewards solo instead of just playing stuff like Minigolf with friends, now say a friend is offline you can go earn the limited time item to show it off and play with it in the Plaza.

This kinda thing can hurt a game just as much as reward it, but the idea I thought was nice and would pull it up to see how the community thinks about this. Do you perfer casual all rewards should be put in shops and bought, or for limited time items for Plaza use to be rewards for playing that season in Game Worlds to inspire more people to hop on?

limited time items are fun but i feel like they have 0 place in TU. Bragging about having something people literally canā€™t get anymore is fun for you but sucks for everyone else who missed it.

considering how once exclusive (aka someone bought it before it was taken down) item was now put on the fishing loot table, i think TU doesnā€™t roll with the ā€˜get it before itā€™s goneā€™ motive

10 Likes

RIP to the foohy albums though

1 Like

Seasonal items are fine as long as they come back every year. Items that get taken out such as the soda can, etc should be replaced instead of be made into a rare item nobody can get anymore

5 Likes

yes! yes yes

I do have to agree with that, now that you pull it up. I mostly thought it was a good way to get more people to play the games more often, but I do like casual TU too. Just wanted to see how the community thought. I kinda agree on the idea that they come back every year too but the ā€œYou just missed somethingā€ Can be a burden to someone.

Could also encourage people to come back too thoughā€¦

1 Like

With the way they currently do things, we get new holiday items yearly, but itā€™s always possible to earn previous yearsā€™ items as well. I think this is sufficient for getting people to come back as there are always limited time items for people to earn, but if you miss your chance, thereā€™s always next year.

4 Likes

dont we already have backer items though? doing something like excluding items one year and bringing them back the next could build up hype and anticipation, i agree that permanently discontinuing items is a bit ridiculous but why cant we have a tad of exclusivity?

1 Like

Preferably if this were implemented, Iā€™d like something in the future akin to tf2 hats or Payday 2 masks that are tie in to other games. For example, if something could be arranged with Valve, we could see the gravity gun as an equipable or a head crab hat for Half life 2 owners.

Oh and another idea would be exclusive party hats for people who log in for new years and during the TU birthday. These would be small items that would be neat but people who miss out wouldnā€™t be too upset over.

1 Like

I do think this is just a matter of opinion, but I like it when I can unlock everything in a game. Backer rewards were one thing that Iā€™m sad to have missed out on, but I understand why those items are exclusive so I donā€™t mind too much. I just feel like for a game like Tower, why should we limit peopleā€™s customization because they got the game late or just missed out on an event?

6 Likes