Level/Prestige System

Once you obtain the max rank (1 million experience milestone) on any, if not all minigames in the Game World when you play enough, it feels like it makes players feel less motivated to play them since you don’t have anymore unlocks or new ranks to obtain. When you’ve done everything the minigames have to offer, there’s not much of a reason to play them anymore, unless you have friends to play with.

My idea is implementing some sort of level/prestige system to keep players motivated and have a reason to play the minigames. Once you get 1 million experience, maybe it could reset your rank, giving you special, unique rewards that you can’t obtain until you prestige. This should help encourage players to keep playing at the Game World and have fun. It would be a nice feature to add so players don’t feel bored with nothing to achieve when they’ve done everything.

There are a few plans for what exp will do after you get the milestones.

EXP will apparently be able to unlock/make some Upgrades available in the future:

Unlock certain upgrades based on achievements or EXP status

EXP was also planned to give you gameworld catsacks, I’m not sure if this is still the case, but here’s this
thing from Caboose in October:

So they kinda maybe sorta have a plan for trying to keep people motivated, but this is assuming the gameworld catsacks/upgrades are good enough to make people want them.

4 Likes

I almost forgot about that update in the Trello. It should definitely make the Game World more fun to play. Game World catsacks and upgrades would be a nice feature for everyone to enjoy, so I really look forward to that update!

Is there any other plans they have in mind? Like different game modes to change up the rules on how a minigame is played? For example, Virus having something like speed modifications or even different type of infected with special abilities that relate to ranged attacks, or trapping a strong area so it has new ways of catching survivors off guard.

1 Like

That sounds pretty close to the mutator system.

1 Like

Oooh, I see! I’m a little bit confused, though. Is this only for Virus at the moment? Or will other minigames get affected by this too?

Other modes will have it. I think the first one that will be coming out is mirror mode for Accelerate. Not sure though, I don’t think they’ve said a whole lot on it.

Mirror mode sounds interesting. I also think Zombie Massacre should be looked into at some point if possible. Maybe a unique boss for each map so you don’t always go against the same spider boss? I don’t know if this is a common idea, but it would bring some more variety to Zombie Massacre.

I don’t know if this has been suggested before as well, but those little events such as “Target Practice” should add little obstacles so you don’t stand in one spot the whole time. If you don’t dodge the obstacles, you lose a life or something, and you have 3 lives in total, making it a bit more fun and challenging.

1 Like