Lets Get Fully Immersed with Steam VR Support

With the somewhat recent renewal of the PlayStation Home trademark, the subsequent rumors of a PlayStation Home reboot on the next-gen PSVR platform, and the rise of VR in the past 2 years, Tower Unite could and should make the leap into Virtual Reality with Steam VR support. Imagine being in the Arcade, immersed in the surroundings of the environment as you look over at your friend between rounds in a first-person view, or bowling in the bowling alley like you would in real life. Imagine being on the roller coaster, looking 100 feet down as you are about to go over the edge, your heart racing with adrenaline from the excitement. How about laser tag where you have to actually duck behind walls and you physically move your body to aim and shoot players. All of these possibilities and many, many more could be unlocked through implementing VR support. Tower Unite could rival VR Chat if VR was implemented, offering a seamless hub world for users to gather together in. Tower Unite seems primed for VR, and Implementing Steam VR support could bring an entirely new audience to this game, and players who already own HMDs could benefit from being able to experience Tower Unite in a brand new way. All it takes to get this dream to become reality is the support of the community and the developers. If you have any interest in playing Tower Unite in VR, voting for this is how you can make your voice heard.

I’m happy to say that Steam VR is actively being worked on.

13 Likes

I had no idea. I’m glad that you can confirm that.

1 Like