LCD Screen (like laser projector)

I suggest that a LCD Screen be added. Essentially, it would be a laser projector, but instead of projecting lasers they would just be dots on a screen. It could also have a higher resolution than the laser projectors, and would allow for higher performance.

I’m wondering though, would it support individual photos like a canvas or function as a media player? Maybe there could be a version for each.

I think they might mean it would use the expression system that laser projectors use.

Ah, I see. Yeah, that sounds fun to mess around with! I’ve used the grid function on the laser projector a lot, which is probably the closest thing we have to this right now. I can see the potential of using a 2D display with some of the same functions. For example, you wouldn’t have to worry about players walking in front of any lasers and disrupting the display.

With the recent 3d widget fix, it’d be cool to see some type of touchscreen capability if something like this were to be added as well. This would allow the display to be interactive and that opens so many possibilities for stuff like in-game kiosks, tutorials, even entire games.

1 Like