Laser Tag

Card

https://trello.com/c/LnY7Ohlu/103-laser-tag

Description

A new boardwalk attraction, laser tag! This first person action experience puts 2 teams against each other in an all out capture the base techno turf war.

Progress

[ul][li]Initial concept[/li][li]Gameplay design[/li][li]Interior artwork[/li][li]Interior layout[/li][li]Queue area[/li][li]Gun model[/li][li]Exterior layout[/li][li]Game coordinator setup[/li][li]Team setup (4 different teams)[/li][li]Laser Tag character[/li][li]Make sure you cannot use special Lobby things while playing Laser Tag (like respawn, inventory, jetpacks, etc.)[/li][li]Setup Laser Tag weapon[/li][li]Team changes laser tag weapon color[/li][li]Gameplay: Give players the laser tag gun when the round starts[/li][li]Gameplay: Setting up rules[/li][li]Gameplay: Handling when a player gets “tagged”[/li][li]Gameplay: Recharging (and some way to display this)[/li][li]Gameplay: Scoring[/li][li]HUD[/li][li]HUD: Displaying what team you are on[/li][li]Gameplay: Recharge/weapon stations[/li][li]Gameplay: Hit effects[/li][li]Gameplay: Damaged state animations[/li][li]Gameplay: Gametype #1[/li][li]Waiting Room / Gameplay: Putting players into the level[/li][li]Waiting Room / Gameplay: Level streaming in the laser tag level[/li][li]Waiting Room / Gameplay: Putting players out of the level[/li][li]Base Logic: Joining the game (and being moved to waiting room)[/li][li]Base Logic: Leaving the waiting room (through an exit door)[/li][li]Spawn points[/li][li]Team names and symbols[/li][li]UI: Waiting Room screen display[/li][li]UI: End result screen display[/li][li]Add game announcement system (probably recode that system before though)[/li][li]HUD: Displaying team status[/li][li]Art: Vest/Pack[/li][li]Art: Waiting Room[/li][li]Art: Recharge station[/li][li]Recode the game countdown system (and replace it for Typing Derby, Virus, and Little Crusaders)[/li][li]Recode the game seat system (and replace it for Trivia, Typing Derby, Bowling, and Poker)[/li][li]Gameplay: Point system[/li][li]Gameplay: Assign teams preround[/li][li]Gameplay: Life system[/li][li]Gameplay: Define gametypes and setting them[/li][li]HUD: Display winning team[/li][li]HUD: Tagged feed[/li][li]HUD: Display gametype[/li][li]HUD: Elimination status[/li][li]Camera system[/li][li]Scoreboard[/li][li]Spectating (but in Lobby, which is gonna be interesting, should just work, though)[/li][li]Payouts[/li][li]HUD: Lives (when applicable)[/li][li]PixelTail Quality Pass[/li][/ul]

Attachments

9 Likes

[ul][li]“Gun model” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][/ul]

6 Likes

necro bump im sorry

Someone please tell me if Laser Tag will be somewhat Quake-like and be extremely fast paced, strafe jumping, etc. “Laser” to me seems to invoke a sense of extreme speed and quick reflexes.

1 Like

I dont know, its very early to say. What I can say is that I doubt it; the map design is very cramped, crowded, and a bit claustrophobic. A fast-paced game wouldnt work in that environment.

My question is, when you get shot by the laser do you die and respawn or does your gun stop working and you have to run back to your base to reactivate your gun? I think it would be awesome if you don’t die but have to run back. It would really stick to the roots of the game and have the immersion of actual laser tag. How I remember it in my home town you have to make it alive to their base and shoot their control point to “destroy” it. But if you got shot you couldn’t shoot anymore so you would have to run back to spawn and reload. I’m curious so if you happen to see this post, let me know.

Real laser tag = running around frantically spraying your laser gun. I’ve never had to run back to a “spawn” when I got shot. I think you’re talking about airsoft.

No, not airsoft . I think you missed the point where I said your gun shuts off and you can’t shoot anymore till you reload at spawn. Like it literally won’t let you shoot even if you try. If your talking about those at home laser tag toys, yeah you just run around and shoot the gun. But I’m talking about going to an actual laser tag place where they have the whole set up of “spawn points” where you have to go to reactivate your gun. Those at home laser tag sets just reactivate your gun after 10 or so seconds, there are no reactivation stations.

https://www.steradiantech.com/info/beginners-guide

“When a player is tagged out, they should head directly to a designated respawn point (a place on the field where, under certain game rules, a player can regain their hit points and re-enter play)”

We have a big laser tag place near where I live where when you he shot, your suit thing just flashes and your gun tells you who shot you. Then your team is scored on how many times you got shot and how many people you shot. No respawn points or limited ammo.

2 Likes

Looking forward to playing when it’s available. Since I played lasertag on multiple systems, depending on how the game mode is set up, will determine whether the player needs to go back to the base or designated area and recharge. For example, on the system where I live (Lasertron) we play Armageddon mode where each player on a team of 2 gets 300 shots/5 lives and after a person gets shot 5 times they can’t shoot their phaser for approx. 5 seconds and they also can’t be shot for 5 seconds. Then their ammo gets recharged.

[ul][li]“Gameplay: Give players the laser tag gun when the round starts” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][li]“Team changes laser tag weapon color” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][li]“Setup Laser Tag weapon” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][li]“Make sure you cannot use special Lobby things while playing Laser Tag (like respawn, inventory, jetpacks, etc.)” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][li]“Laser Tag character” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][li]“Team setup (4 different teams)” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][li]“Game coordinator setup” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][li]“Exterior layout” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][/ul]

7 Likes

[ul][li]The attachment “upload 4/20/2017 at 10:54:11 PM.png” has been added to the card.[/li][/ul]

6 Likes

[ul][li]“HUD” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][li]“HUD: Displaying what team you are on” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][/ul]

5 Likes

The gun model looks better like a taser lol

[ul][li]“Gameplay: Scoring” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][li]“Gameplay: Handling when a player gets “tagged”” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][/ul]

7 Likes

[ul][li]“Gameplay: Recharge/weapon stations” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][/ul]

6 Likes

[ul][li]“Gameplay: Damaged state animations” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][/ul]

6 Likes

[ul][li]“Gameplay: Recharging (and some way to display this)” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][li]“Gameplay: Hit effects” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][/ul]

6 Likes

[ul][li]“Gameplay: Setting up rules” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][li]“Spawn points” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][/ul]

5 Likes

[ul][li]“Waiting Room / Gameplay: Putting players into the level” has been checked off on the “Progress” checklist.[/li][/ul]

5 Likes

@Leftie and @Waffler Both exist.

I used to live next to a lasertag place that when hit, you have to go back to your team’s “base” to recharge. It prevented dead people from just standing next to you and shooting you in the back as soon as they were able.

A cheaper lasertag place I went to recently just recharges you after a certain amount of time after being hit.

And yet another has 0 recharge time, you can literally sit there spamming your bullets into someone’s vest.

All exist in lasertag, nobody is thinking of airsoft.

Personally, I prefer the first option, though it would be cool to be able to choose options like that when setting up your game of lasertag.

On another note, I’m super hyped for this! It looked very cool in the stream. Hype.