Just an idea of making the condo's and lobby feel more connected

One thing I would really like to see in the tower lobby is the ability to have friends only condos shown in the tower that friends could go into when condo numbers get fully completed and maybe even an option to be told which condo number your condo has been booked into when you start a condo which you then have to go to to get into your condo from the tower like in gmod tower. I would like to see what other people think about this.

I would like to see this because it might make the condos and lobby feel more connected.

PS: To anyone who has pointed out that condo numbers are going to be a feature I am already aware of this I just completely missed the point I was trying to make while making the sentence… derp

Friends only condos have been a thing for a while now, and condo doors are numbered as of 0.1.1.4. They want to add the condo number to the load screen as well, if I recall correctly.

As Arkive86 mentioned, this has already been planned and is in the works. We will be seeing this soon™.

Just made some updates to the thread, I didn’t realize I completely missed the point, my fault.

We’re working on this. It’s always been planned to emulate GMod Tower in the best ways we can.

Ok thanks I just feel like it would be another way to help in making the tower more used and connected to everything else.

I would love to see some research on the possibility of using UE4’s level streaming to load condos. It’s a difficult thing to do I know. But having a good conclusion why it doesn’t work would already satisfy me.

Level streaming is only good for loading pieces of the level that already exist on the server. Condos could never be level streamed in as they would have to already exist on the dedicated server, which would be absolute hell to host as people have thousands of objects in their Condos. On top of that, our system is completely based on the concept that the condo data is loaded from the owner’s local Steam Cloud, which would have to be transferred to the server in order to be loaded in. It’s just not going to happen ever. We designed it from the beginning this way and redoing it (doing level streaming) would be redoing the entire Condo system.

1 Like

I imagine that only worked in gmod tower because there were only 2 servers that were synced and it would probably be really difficult to sync the condos up with custom servers, maybe even impossible

In addition to that, there was a prop limit (which felt pretty low, but was absolutely essential) and rooms were much smaller. 1 Tower Unite condo is pretty much equivalent to the size of the entire Tower 1 condo area.