[Jetpack Rework] Holding Space+CTRL Should Make You Hover and Move Only Horizontally

Instead of the jetpack making you “bug-out” when holding both space and ctrl, it should make you fly smoothly horizontally and a bit faster in the direction you’re flying in!

That’s already what it does?

3 Likes

Currently it makes you move in the direction of your crosshair where you are looking, and does not make your character stay on the same horizontal axis.

Additionally, it makes you visually appear to be lagging while flying when you’re actually not.

Discord video link example

1 Like

The “bugging out” is just an issue with networking. It was an issue with normal jetpack movement in the alpha as well, until proper networking got added.

I personally like the movement toward the cursor though.

While I do agree having a hover option would be nice, I wouldn’t want to lose the current functionality of Space+CTRL. Its allows you to travel really fast, and if you have the ice potion you can build up some really great momentum and slide around super fast!

Related to this? Ghost's hovering with shift from Little Crusaders should be added to Jetpacks and Wings