Item Suggestions Megathread

A Canvas Spotlight that functions like the media player, but instead of projecting a video, it projects an image! (I guess this would be kind of redundant considering decals exist, huh?)

1 Like

A placeable sticky note where you can write on.

5 Likes

Not exactly an item suggestion but I would love to see I/O action for Zombie Massacre milestone version of Turret, “shoot” and “track player”. That way, you could make it shoot automatically, for example when camera sees you. “Track player” would basically allow the turret to always slowly rotate by itself to face towards the player. Generally more unique actions for special milestone items would be great to see.

6 Likes

I think a Target Volume item for IO would be very useful, basically an invisible box that detects when a player hits it with bullets/melee/throwables. It’d have customizable health; when health runs out, the target deactivates and can be reactivated with an IO output, which also refills its health.

Some other settings the item could have:

• Damage multiplier: Multiplies damage taken by a specific amount. This can be used to create weak points (or strong points)
  • Damage filters (guns, melee, throwables, splash damage)
  • Make Invincible: Target never takes damage, can still detect when hit

Events:

• On Hit
  • On Damaged
  • On Killed

Actions:

• Set/Add/etc Health
  • Toggle Invincibility
  • Set Damage Multiplier
  • Reactivate
6 Likes

On the I/O suggestion train.
I would love an invisible button volume, while you can create something like this by hiding the button, it’s quite tedious to hide oversized buttons around objects that you wish to have a use prompt.

Also kinda sucks you can’t lock out the use of buttons, hiding them and other interactable objects persists their prompt even if they’re hidden.

3 Likes

I’ve been really getting into making natural environments in Tower.

After having to make a load of hanging foliage using stretched grass, I realized it might be a good idea to add some hanging foliage:

Clumps of hanging moss could be stuck and stretched onto tree branches for peak American swamp atmosphere:

10 Likes

I’ve been making nature environments too and I want all of this!

Canvas Funnel

I just want to make a more in-depth suggestion involving this shape.

This shape would be incredibly useful for building. Here are some ideas:

Obviously, most people are gonna want this to make a lampshade, since TU doesn’t have any lamps that aren’t either super modern and simplistic or just really weird.

This also applies to lights that aren’t floor or table lamps:

Tapering cylinders to make knobs and the like would be much less of a hassle without having to worry about the cone’s tip:

Combine it with a cylinder and you people could make custom bowls:

Combine it with a sphere and you can make gum drops!

A week or two ago I made my friend a Tomahawk missile replica, unfortunately I couldn’t make the back of it, so I had to compromise with a cone and a cylinder. If I had a funnel I could have made it easy!

Obviously, you could make a funnel with it for your kitchen or for a science lab:

Flan, anyone? (or any similarly shaped foodstuffs?)

Make your own bucket:

If the funnel had half variations, you could do some other things:

The back half of a samurai helmet: (or a Darth Vader helmet)

A wall sconce:

3 Likes

The lighthouse light looks so cool. I know you can use an emergency light to make a spinning light, but imo it moves too fast, even at 1 speed. It would be nice if this light would move at a slower speed. Even barring the spinning light function, having it as a piece of furniture to top a building or something would still be awesome.

7 Likes

Phones & Tablets

Simple. Take the recently released handhelds, and turn them into smartphones or tablets. You can then watch videos or listen to music on them, like movable media players.

Have different versions too, maybe arcade exclusives like an Etch n’ Sketch or a kiddy-style mobile. Add some customisation as well.

1 Like

I can’t stand seeing my new discs just sitting on a table.

We need a jewel case/CD case to protect our discs!

Maybe it could have some sort of storage functionality, like, you can put a disc (cartridge) in, and then it will close with the disc inside. Then you can press E on it, which will open the case and put the disc in your hand, so you can then put it in the emulator of your choice!

Also having some canvas functionality to label them would be nice too!

2 Likes

It’s in the works!

4 Likes

A louvered door for our closets:

I had an idea for a rocking chair. You could rock it in by pressing the forward and backward buttons:

3 Likes

How about PCs as consoles? An older, white edition could be sold at Rob’s Imports and more high-tech PCs could be sold next door at Central Circuit.

1 Like

The sink in the house condo as it’s own separate item.

2 Likes

I noticed that tennis balls and wiffle balls appear only in the form of minigolf upgrades. Making them physics items as well would be great.

3 Likes

A “Permission Volume” would be nice, something that enables/disables permissions within a certain boundary.

3 Likes

the truck from the zombie massacre map “gasoline”

1 Like

There’s actually a delivery truck item on the item spreadsheet already. Its ID is 2132, and it’s included in a large set of placeable items that were added to the list just before the Holiday 2020 update but were never actually added to the game. Maybe one day it shall happen

I didn’t know where else to put this, but could we get some customisation options for the Handheld Controllers? At least colours and maybe some canvas stuff.

2 Likes