Is this forum SICK?

fuck you is the best choice overall in my honest and humble opinion.

Did you right-click? I canā€™t see that tab on my post.

Edit: NVM - just right-clicked.

The forum is pretty cool, dynamic and well organised. The autoreply feature is a great choice too. Well done once again, PixelTail

1 Like

Why do so many modern forum softwares just go with a simplistic flat theme and just 2D stuff in general? Seems boring IMO. Sorry if I came off a bit rude, I am okay with it, but just stated what I quite think about flat themes.
Also, oh how Iā€™ll miss quick reply :fearful:
And yeah, I really need to get used to this layout, itā€™s a tiny bit hard for me to navigate.

Those emoticons though! The selection is just huge. :bread: :house_with_garden: :helicopter: :airplane:

Personally, I like flat themes more than very weird and complex pics and colors everywhere. Itā€™s a matter of taste though.

1 Like

The reasons why I dislike this forum design is basically that simplism - It feels more like New-gen stuff, Facebook, etc - something I want to get away from & remain with the actual good olā€™ sturdy design that was helpful enough.

Iā€™d prefer a HUD that offers me all sorts of help than a HUD thatā€™s a minimalist.

Edit:

Alright, major minus:
Limited posting system.
Seriously.
This is an actual cancer thing for a forum.

It isnā€™t double-posting - it is literally limited posts for me, as it tells me that I can post again after 15 hours.

I expected some 3D-ism, but It looks like 2D fits more to tower uniteā€™s typical theme/style, so I am kind of okay with it now.

what do you mean by that?

Do you mean that you canā€™t doublepost? Because thatā€™s something I donā€™t like at allā€¦

wait gonna test double posting, Iā€™ll surely delete my posts after I did that ofcā€¦

EDIT: So I tested it, and it indeed prevents you from doing that. Yeah, it kinda sucks, but really, double posting isnā€™t much of an issue, infact quite many forums/forum rules/moderators tell you to just edit your previous post.

1 Like

thatā€™s pretty much the reason why itā€™s disabled on this forum (well, at least, as far as i know). i have always found double-posting unnecessary anyhow, so.

But editions arenā€™t notified, so thatā€™s a problem if you want to post in a topic thatā€™s been empty for a long time, but you want to bring back to life but the last post is yours though.

Anyway, there may not be that problem in the future, so itā€™s not a big issue by the moment

I am able to disable the post limit and fix the auto reply issue as well. This forum software is incredibly robust and runs great on mobile which is something I personally really enjoy and need.

2 Likes

Personally, I appreciate it being so great on mobile as well. Itā€™s something not many foums have

P.S.: Iā€™ve already reached the daily post limit, and I feel it a bit annoying. Could it be disabled, @macdguy , pls?

Iā€™ll fix the posting issue. Itā€™s designed to prevent spammers.

I believe I have disabled the posting limit. It apparently only applies to your first day but I have increased the amount.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, is there any particular reason you couldnā€™t?

The plugin I was setting up doesnā€™t seem to be compatible with the latest forum software version. Making it work will take a bit of effort. I will look into over the next couple days, hopefully I can get it working but itā€™s not a major priority.

These forums donā€™t have to hook into your Steam account. Weā€™ll be making our own custom built web app for Tower Unite profiles (which will be connected to your Steam account) once the game goes live.

Ah, alrighty, thanks!

Thanks for disabling the post limit, Mac. Youā€™re the best :blush: