IO "Camera" Volume

After spending about an hour working on a project I came up with an idea of using IO to create an external player camera that is triggered on and off by trigger volumes while using the slide mover. I thought it would be really fun to have cinematic 3rd person cameras with movers, or IO events. But as I learned the only two choices are the security camera or the player input camera. Which both lock the player in place, and require a key press (E) to use. It honestly makes their uses quite limited. So I think we should get a simple camera volume that takes two inputs, on or off (maybe toggle too) and it would switch the player’s camera like the input volume does, but can be triggered by IO and still allows the player to move.

For example this could be used for camera/photo studios using Steam’s screenshot tool, or using movers to create brief cinematic views when using a mover train roller coaster or a slide mover going into a pool. Just an idea!

oho. i second this! i definitely want camera volume so bad!!

We could have quick options that can change your camera view to:

[top-down]
[third person left]
[third person right]
[first person]
[side platformer]

and so on! we could also have manual options that let us adjust where view should be; like how you can edit view for interacting with NPCs (:

2 Likes

It’s planned

i would love to set camera angles based on your location with trigger volumes, so you can have survival horror style fixed camera angles!

3 Likes