Invisible textures when imported into Tower Unite

Hi, it’s me again. So I had a buddy egg me on into trying to import Goron Link into Tower Unite, and so far everything has gone swimmingly, however, I appear to have some invisible textures in some areas for some reason. I already made sure everything was weight painted right, and that I compressed the materials down before importing. For some reason though, although everything appears right in the settings on Blender, this issue still crops up regardless of what troubleshooting I attempt.

I’m throwing this post up here in case anyone can help me out, and if I figure it out before then I’ll throw the answer in here. So far although I’ve seen a lot of similar cases searching through the forum, none of them seem to apply to my case.

Here’s an image, to help visualize what I mean.

Seems like the upper lip and lower hair are missing, among some other spots. They were previously split from the rest of the model in some areas, but I’ve since merged the vertices and it seems to be working fine now in blender. I may just be making another beginner’s faux pas, but so far I’m definitely left scratching my head. Oh, I also tried flipping the normals on those faces in case those faces were the wrong way around for whatever reason, but that didn’t really produce any results either. Also made sure to double check the weight painting before the most recent upload, and it still seems to all be attached to the right bones as well.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated.

Quick update: So it seems flipping the normals then flipping them back on the selected faces will cause the normals to show up when exported, however, upon doing the same to the next missing portion, the faces that were previously showing are invisible again, and then the ones that I just did the process for show up?

Screenshot 2022-10-16 201526

Update: Remember kids; the save button is important. In more ways than one.

Also, the face orientation overlay helps. They were facing the right way on the upper ones, but there were a few spots where I still had to merge the vertices and flip the normals.

We good now.

2 Likes