Inventory UI Rework

Card

https://trello.com/c/5mLBr3ri/386-inventory-ui-rework

Description

This card has no description.

To-do

• Separate furniture inventory from the hot bar
  • Create a better filter system
  • Search bar (search through names and item tags)
  • Tabs and subtabs by item types
  • Sorting (sort by A-Z, cost, etc)
  • Added lock inventory feature, which allows you to lock the inventory and not have to continue holding down Q while using it
  • Hot bar and inventory now automatically hide away when dragging an item for better visibility (unless you have locked the inventory)
  • Hot bar tabs
  • Favorite item support
  • Tutorial prompt to inform players that the inventory has moved
  • Color setting

Attachments

8 Likes
  • Card was renamed from "Inventory UI" to "Inventory UI Rework".
4 Likes
  • A new checklist named "Todo" has been added to the card.
4 Likes
5 Likes
  • The checklist "Todo" has been renamed to "To-do".
5 Likes
  • "Tabs and subtabs by item types" has been checked off on the "To-do" checklist.
  • "Separate furniture tab from the hot bar" has been checked off on the "To-do" checklist.
11 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::grey_question:

If it’s not in the hotbar where’s it being moved too? Unless this means…

5 Likes

Was about to edit my post because I just now looked at the sneak peak thread and wow, that looks so much better than my initial concept.

1 Like
  • "Sorting" has been checked off on the "To-do" checklist.
  • "Search bar" has been checked off on the "To-do" checklist.
  • "Create a better filter system" has been checked off on the "To-do" checklist.
7 Likes
  • The attachment "image.png" has been added to the card.
7 Likes
  • "Hot bar and inventory now automatically hide away when dragging an item for better visibility (unless you have locked the inventory)" has been checked off on the "To-do" checklist.
  • "Added lock inventory feature, which allows you to lock the inventory and not have to continue holding down Q while using it" has been checked off on the "To-do" checklist.
10 Likes
  • "Hot bar tabs" has been checked off on the "To-do" checklist.
7 Likes
  • "Macklin Guy" commented "Inventory rework is completed for now. I'll continue to update it in the future now that we have a strong design."
9 Likes

I am really looking forward to this… Building a cool condo with the current inventory system is kind of a mess :smiley:

• "Favorite item support" has been checked off on the "To-do" checklist.
11 Likes
  • "Tutorial prompt to inform players that the inventory has moved" has been checked off on the "To-do" checklist.
10 Likes
  • "Color setting" has been checked off on the "To-do" checklist.
9 Likes
  • Card has been closed.
4 Likes