Increase max players to 12

Little Crusaders launched with a 12 player limit, which was then reduced to 8 in the following hotfix. I feel like this was probably because people were not well adjusted to playing as dragon seeing as the mode had just come out. It’s been over three years since this change, and I feel like it’d be a good time to test the waters with increasing the max players again. Currently I feel that the dragon is significantly stronger than a team of seven knights. So what if we just gave the dragon a few more knights to worry about?

Having the ability to have an extra four knights would mean there’s more players around the map (assuming they’re not all clumped together, which I understand does happen quite a bit with newer players), which means large maps like Knightsend or Market will have more people to spread out and locate the dragon, making it harder for the dragon to just camp a corner/walkway. With more players, there are more people to flank and come around from behind.

Another thing is to do with the double dragon feature. Currently I’d say most matches are balanced in the dragons favor, even with a full game of seven knights. Two dragons? For seven people? Seems a bit excessive to me. Now 2v10… that sounds pretty juicy.

The last bit I want to mention is that having the option for more people in one game would make it easier for larger groups of people to play Little Crusaders. Let’s say there’s like 10 people playing Little Crusaders (which is more than are usually playing at one time, let’s be honest), that’s one game of 8 people, and then the other two have to bum out on the waiting for players screen until someone leaves that other game, or until that server closes and people join their server. Similarly- when Nath would host game nights, LC would always get looked over due to the low max player count. If it had equal max players with Virus, it could be a more viable mode for game nights (if another one of those ever happens again).

I disagree, I’ve seen that most players have trouble being the dragon with more than 6 players, let alone 12. I think that raising the limit would lower the playerbase, not increase it.

1 Like

Most players, not all players. I don’t think crippling the gamemode to accommodate for players who don’t know what they’re doing is the right call. If unskilled players have trouble killing the dragon, how is that the games fault? From what I’ve seen, the dragon loses most of the time, even after getting a movement buff and the knights getting a speed nerf. Adjusting how they play or limiting what they have to play against isn’t a proper solution to the problem of people just not knowing how to play. Little Crusaders has a very low skill ceiling, so even having a rough idea how to play (like knowing that stomping and tail whipping exist) makes you better than 75% of the people who play LC.

So basically what I’m trying to say with that block of text is that the game should try teaching new players how to play instead of just kneecapping it every few updates. Even a popup that said how-to-play (with controls and explanations of abilities) could help with this, at least to alleviate some of the problems I see a lot, like people not knowing whether you have to left click or press E on the button. On top of that, a training mode/map could be useful for new players getting a grasp of how to play and how the hitboxes handle instead of joining and getting wiped by a 300k exp player who looked at a Steam guide for LC.

It looks like we're getting a new tutorial section on the menu, nice. What a perfect place to put a LC tutortial.

Also- if people have a problem with a 12 playercount, they still have the option to lower it back to 9 or less. Option’s always been there. You could even have 9 be the default, but just let 12 be an option. Sometimes you just want to play with a group of people, such as I mentioned with the community game night example, and not worry about an already unbalanced gamemode being made more unbalanced.

Realistically, how much lower could it go? Not much.

2 Likes