Increase Ghoul Coin Drop Rates

There’s a very large amount of items in the ghoulcery store now, to the point where if you’re new to the game or simply just don’t play TU for several hours in multiple play sessions per week it’s going to be impossible to get all the items you want. (it would take you 3 days of non-stop grinding to get one of each item in the ghoulcery store, that’s insane.)

Ghoul coins should really be easier to get somehow, whether that’s decreasing the time intervals to get them, or getting multiple coins each interval, just SOMETHING to make them easier to get would be great

It’d be nice if maybe the Halloween minigames gave 3 or so coins for playing them, seeing as they are the seasonal thing to do rn. More incentive to do them, too.

10 Likes

i’ve said that awhile ago with holiday coins too, but i guess there were less items back then, but since they added more items to the events with very VERY hefty price tag (ffs spooky wowozela for 75 coins seriously???)

i also wish they should increase the drop rate or give more coins, maybe based on skill or difficulty they’re playing on some minigames.

3 Likes

There are a number of things that could be retooled to pay out more coins.

Placing 1st, 2nd or 3rd in any activity or game world with other players is one of them (Plaza minigames, Bowling, Laser Tag, Typing Derby, Minigolf, Ball Race, Accelerate)

Clean (all strikes or spares) or perfect (score of 300) game of Bowling.

Not dying once during the entirety of a ZM game or a Ball Race game.

Attaining Count rank or wiping out all the knights at least once in LC.

Scale coin payout with Game World difficulty.

Winning the Whirl-a-Fish jackpot. (I would extend this idea to Dizzy but that would make it far too easy)

Winning Pink in Coloracle.

Successfully land a rare catch in fishing.

Finding all 10 of the skeleton’s lost bones.

Reaching the centre of the maze.

Finding all Jack-o-Lanterns.

Finding all 10 Plushies dotted around the plaza.

5 Likes

The only thing I fear is inflation. If coins get easier to obtain then prize prices of future events probably go up.

I think rather than give out more coins per payout maybe just reduce the time needed to get a drop. Its currently at about 6 minutes what if we dropped that to about 4-5 so you get a better chance at getting a drop in gameworlds ----- shorter rounds in Virus, Every wave in ZM, between every other golf hole, after every course in accelerate, etc ------, and can hop games in the plaza without having to set your watch or pick one that has a faster turnaround.

2 Likes

Four minutes is what would work best imo. Currently you only get 10 per hour, but this would increase it 15.
That doesn’t sound like a huge increase, but that’s about average item price per hour.

4 Likes

that i think seems reasonable, even tho i’m still not a fan of cooldowns since it loses motivation in my opinion, unless they finally stop making items so pricey like nintendo does with their re-release old games.

it’s atleast a band-aid fix.

2 Likes

I agree, this time based coin system is really boring and not in the spirit of Tower Unite.

1 Like