Image Hosting Site Alternatives?

Discord is rolling out a change in early December to make all image links have an expiration date, as to cut down on people using Discord for free image hosting. With this change, I need to move all of my condo images to a new platform.

Imgur is not viable, as earlier this year they stated that they would not allow any NSFW content to be hosted on their site, including unlisted and hidden images.

Is anyone aware of any sites that allow free, reliable image hosting with direct links?

1 Like

I haven’t checked in a while, but if Dropbox or MEGA still support direct image links, those could work.

1 Like

catbox(dot)moe is apparently really good for this from what I’ve heard.
Though I’ve heard people living in Europe may have issues.

1 Like

Just checked both, neither support direct linking to an image (links with the .jpg/.png suffixes at the end.)

2 Likes

Ah geez, that sucks. If anyone does find a good image hosting site, I’d love to know too, because both of those were my current backup ideas :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Catbox is quite good when its up, and allows for direct links. Issue is, well its future is not exactly as certain as something like imgur (though all of these sites close eventually) and also they quite randomly have downtime or extremely slow servers. Its fine most of the time but its not insanely uncommon for some days to be way worse than others. Still it’s a good alternative for sure.

1 Like