I made a Twitch Trivia Game with OpenTDB!

Thanks to the OpenTDB, I was able to make a 24/7 trivia game that’s played through Twitch chat. Come check it out! If anyone has questions, I’d be happy to respond.

https://www.twitch.tv/TriviaFlash

7 Likes

Wow! That’s really awesome.

1 Like

That’s a really creative way to use OpenTDB, nice work! Looks really polished too.

1 Like

One suggestion I’d make, it does feel a bit slow right now. Of course you’ll need to give people time to respond, especially because of the stream delay (even though that’s only a few seconds nowadays), areas like the results screen and the “Round 1”…etc screens could be a bit quicker. Maybe the results screen could be visible for a length based on the number of active players showing up? Just stuff to make it feel a bit more fast paced without lowering the time you have to respond might make it a bit more interesting.
Still really cool though!

Edit: You might also want to show the question ID somewhere on the screen so if someone notices an issue they’re able to report it

1 Like

The one thing I had to work around was the chance the correct answer was the same letter twice in a row. There’s a total of ~28 seconds in between the last moment you can answer a question to the beginning of a new question. Duplicate messages are only allowed 30 seconds or more apart. I know what you mean though. I’m going to try to figure a solution out. Also, good point. I’ll include that in the next update.

Pretty cool, I’d say that I got a few repeat questions on a category, and I’d also recommend giving a couple extra seconds to allow people to answer in time with the stream delay and all.

1 Like

This is great! I used the DB to make an iOS app. It’s great seeing what people can do with it :grinning:

1 Like