I had cheat engine open by accident while playign Tower, Should I be worried?

I had cheat engine open while I was playing Tower and only noticed that after I stopped playing the game. Im really worried about getting banned! Should I do something???

I would assume you’d only be in trouble IF it was used to your advantage (free units, hacking, etc…). If it was just open because you use it for some other game, and it’s not gaining you anything within Tower Unite, then you should be fine. Also, you shouldn’t cheat, it takes away the fun and experience of doing things the way they should be done within a game.

2 Likes

I used it on an offline game, Slime Rancher, I just wanted to see what all the items were. Thanksfor the info! Ill keep you posted.

2 Likes

As long as you didn’t open the Tower Unite executable in Cheat Engine then you should be fine.

2 Likes

The only thing you can do with cheat engine in TU is speed hack. Units, items and shit are all serverside

3 Likes

Good thing TU is not protected by VAC, as far as i know.
If it was protected by VAC i’m pretty sure that whenever you start a game the steam client checks your computer for any open third party programs and it will get you banned for it, and Cheat engine is one of them.
My friend got banned from CS:GO from having his cheat engine open while starting the game, of course he didnt mean it.

I have had a couple of VAC related error messages when trying to join games in TU, so I do believe it actually uses VAC.

Here is an old screenshot I took:

Oh yeah there’s also this in the TU Steam store page:

3 Likes

o sht

2 Likes

turn off yo hacks bois and run

6 Likes

Well fuck, VAC is really picky about any 3rd part applications… I had the same thing that happened to me, happen to a friend but on csgo. Well I guess Ill have to wait now.

1 Like

Nope, Application was not selected.

op (noot you greengiant, other op), you probably shouldnt worry. yes people have been vac’d for cheatengine before but i dont think its a big deal

An update, dont even know if its worth, nothing happened.

2 Likes

VAC only cares if you read/edit memory of the game. Just having the program doesn’t matter.

1 Like

I was banned lol, I lost 2,5 million units with 1236 items…