How to prevent cheating in Poker

INTRO
This isn’t the first time I’ve made a post about Poker, I was hoping not to have to write another but I found out that a certain playstyle was possible that should not be a thing.

Gambling in general should be a safe place for players to use their units to make money and lose money. There shouldn’t be a significant advantage possible right? Because it’s gambling; but apparently there is.

THE ISSUE
Recently I’ve encountered 3 cheaters in poker. I don’t really care to name them because it’s not very necessary, I just want this to be addressed and raised awareness for those who do play Poker, hopefully this can be taken seriously through reporting and such in the future.

The way these 3 people cheated was through simply joining the Highstakes table as a group. This way they have 3 hands total over you. Basically you have one hand against three.

All they need to do, is communicate through voice chat and tell each other who has what hand, when to fold, when to raise etc. It’s pretty much the definite way to win against someone else without having to worry about losing any money. They don’t raise if you raise. They only raise if you check.

THIS IS A KNOWN CHEAT METHOD
If you want to read about this playstyle there’s a reddit post talking about it.

In real online Poker this is known as “Multi-accounting”

Multi-accounting means that a player has several real money accounts at a single poker room. Online Poker rooms forbid players to open more than one real money account per person at their poker site.

But the big problem arises when multi-accounting players are using two or more accounts to play poker at the same cash game table or at the same tournament. Such a player has an unfair advantage because in cash games he can see four and not only two hole cards. In addition to this, in tournaments like SNGs he practically has “two lives” in a single tournament.

Multi-accounting is a clear case of fraud, and a player who gets caught will be suspended and his bankroll will be retained.

This whole playstyle is a complete scam, and should not be possible in Tower Unite.
It’s not legal in the real word with real money, and neither should it be allowed on Tower Unite even if it is fake money. People spend their time saving for these units, trying to have a fair play at Poker and people like this ruin it and practically steal from us.

SOLUTION
There isn’t a solution. You can’t stop this from happening. Kind of. In real online poker rooms If people see suspicious activity, they report it. The sites want to catch cheaters and pay employees to find these cheaters.

Reporting this should give some sort of repercussion on the cheaters. Maybe to revert any Poker pots earned and give the units back to the people who got robbed, and completely wiping their own units. Or maybe just a complete ban from accessing Highstakes tables? I don’t know just throwing it out.

CONCLUSION
If there’s any solution you guys can think of to prevent this; that would be great. Please do give opinions; because at this rate I don’t think I want to play Poker until there’s a more definite punishment for people who do come in just to cheat instead of playing normally.

they should add a new term that confirmed fraudulent poker play (through collaboration) is subject to bans. confirmed evidence is like discord servers, verifiable leaked information, etc.

for example, if they are usually cheating together (like if player A playing poker will always come with player B), they might end up being watched.

I hope IP wouldn’t be used as a measure to identify poker cheaters. My gf and I have our desks next to each other and both play TU. Would suck if we couldn’t play games together due to this.

2 Likes

i understand, but that is not the case.
like, if you play with friends, it is fine. but like cases impossible to happen, like winning with absolute ease for consecutive times, and there is any confirmable media to support the statement, should be investigated.