How exactly are condo snapshots saved on-disk?

I was looking through my pc and found a backup of a bunch of condo saves from 2016-2018, but the saves were stored in a separate folder from the main condo saves, causing some issues. Here’s I know so far:

• Snapshots are stored as a folder containing a “CondoData” file in the condo subfolder of the main condo save directory (e.g. [save directory]/House/[Snapshot Name]/Condodata)

• A manually created folder containing a “CondoData” file in the save directory isn’t detected as a snapshot in-game

• Manually deleting a snapshot folder that was made in-game doesn’t delete the in-game snapshot, just causes the condo to load in blank

• Replacing the CondoData file in either the base condo folder or in a snapshot subfolder with a backed up condo save works fine

I’m guessing there’s some sort of cache file located outside the condo save directory that’s responsible for listing what snapshots exist in-game (instead of the game just checking for subfolders), but I haven’t found anything of the sort, so let me know if you’ve already figured this out. I could always just make 30-or-so snapshots in-game and then swap out the condo saves for backups, but I’m lazy and also curious.

The files are created and registered by Steam Cloud, so only Steam Cloud knows which files are part of the snapshot.