Holdable, useable cigarette and cigar plaza items

I just think it’d be really neat if we could get a holdable version of the cigs and cigar items to use in the plaza or our condos.

The item would appear between the holder’s fingers, and if you hold the right mouse button it lifts the cigarette or cigar up to the player’s face.
The longer you hold the right mouse button, the longer you do the inhale action.
The longer you inhale for, the larger the smoke effect would be when you release right mouse and exhale.

Possible even a feature to toggle the color of the smoke effect, maybe even unique particles too.

I wouldn’t mind if these were consumable items too, so you actually had to run out and buy a pack every so often, or a different brand/flavor for the effects to be different.

That’s leaning a bit too close to Irl smoking, ngl. Let’s not encourage people to be heavy smokers irl.

Now if you wanna suggest that over smoking can kill you, that’d be fine tho lol.

How is that any worse than the consumable beer we already have?

True but in all honesty a cigarette is a lot worse for you than a bottle of beer, at least according to what I know.

It’s not meant to be that deep, honestly.

I just think it’d add a layer of complexity to roleplaying a character, or OC.

Like being Solid Snake, smoking one and coughing until you press K to flop your model over, and do the “Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAAAAAKE” funny joke.

Or say, Garcello from Friday Night Funkin’ who’s story revolves around smoking.

1 Like

i would say it feels kinda pointless, since the holdable beer at least has the drunk effect going for it, but there’s also that huge selection of holdable foods, so i guess there’s some precedent

man those food items sure are forgettable

guess i’m just not used to items being added just for the sake of being there, or as a roleplay tool, etc. usually there’s some entertainment function to them

2 Likes

I understand what you mean, for sure.

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I love using the Throwable Drink item as a RP tool.
Like when someone comes up to me and does something lol-random, I just look at them, pull out my drink (Becuase I have it permanently on my number 2 hot bar slot) sip it, then walk away.

So I just thought that having a holdable, usable cigarette could be used for a moody feel, or used to emphasize a point in a conversation.

Like, if someone asks you about a story, and you go “Well, (pulls out smoke) it’s a long story. (takes a drag)” kinda deal.

2 Likes