Hide props behind walls / in other rooms

I’m not entirely sure if this is actually a thing because it doesn’t feel like it. Condos are the only thing in this game that give my computer a hard time, and my guess is simply because you’re loading all items in a condo at once. This is extremely noticeable on heavily detailed condos with a high prop count.

For optimization sake please hide props that are in entirely different rooms or completely out of sight. Correct me if I’m wrong and this is a thing.

(Not related but if you’re wondering I have a 1080ti so I shouldn’t be having problems running this game.)

This might not be doable as some people have their props clipping through their condo walls on purpose, or people with slower systems might experience lag when props load in / out of memory.

It’d also be pretty hard for the game to accurately tell which props can / can’t be seen without it taking more memory, and subsequently doing the opposite of speeding the game up.

I feel that this change would be difficult to do right, and in practice still might not have the desired effect.

Your FOV will also mess with this change as well, just further reducing it’s effectiveness.

This game is still in the early stages of development when it comes to optimization, and honestly, if you want to cut down on condo lag, just don’t throw in so many objects and lights.

3 Likes

Models that are blocked by walls are definitely occluded and will not render. This is a built in feature of Unreal engine, and every modern engine ever.

Workshop models currently don’t, which is something we are working on.

10 Likes