Have a setting in the Condo to autoplay media instead of having to turn them on

I think it could be helpful for if people wanted to have music/ambiance playing in the background, or if you just wanted to have the feel of a bunch of people huddled around watching TV as soon as you walk in.
Could be cool

I think this has already been addressed before, but it was said something like this would cause some people to have all of their media devices on auto-play, and would cause considerable lag since even 2 media devices on at the same time causes lag for some people.

This could be fixed with allowing autoplay, but only allowing 1 autoplay media device per condo, or allowing people to turn on whether or not the media devices will autoplay or not when they enter condos

Yes please add this. If lag is a concern it could just autoplay whatever the closest media player is. and if you move closer to a different player then it swaps to that one

Range would be an issue in certain cases because there could be multiple media players in close proximity. I think the best way to go for something like this is (yes, more) trigger volumes. You could have a volume set up that triggers certain media player(s) and turns them off when the player leaves said trigger volume.

Could add an option so players can choose between “Autoplay all nearby media players” (default) and “Autoplay only the nearest media player”.

If someone’s internet can’t handle a single media player at 240p then they’re not going to be able to load a lot of condos anyway due to so many canvases and workshop models.

6 Likes