GTA 5 Loads from Beginning

So today I went to load GTA 5 today, but instead of loading to my save, it went to the beginning.

It happened to someone I know on Discord, which put him straight to the Prologue without any of his saves. I don’t know why this is happening.
Maybe the Cunning Stunts addon did something to some peoples save files, causing them to get corrupted and automatically get deleted? (Very unlikely, but it’s a possibility)

I checked the folder, and the saves are there, but the game can’t find them. Although I highly doubt it was due to Cunning Stunts

Well,there is cheating.

GTA 5 wont even detect downloaded saves

Try Validating the games files, if you haven’t tried already.

I have tried

I’d say do a fresh install of the game. Delete anything that has to do with GTA V, Rockstar Games Folders in Documents and hidden in AppData\Local, and the game directory itself, and reinstall the game. Usually fixes a lot of problems.

Also, back-up your save and any other things you want to have, like Recordings or User Music before you do that.

Nice joke

Good thing I have fast internet

Didn’t work :frowning:

Hmm… Try playing through Singleplayer until you get to a point where you can save your progress, (After the Franklin and Lamar Mission) then save your game and restart GTA. If your save file loads, go to where that one is stored, and try overwriting it with your original save file.

Ok, Ill try that