Ground Rules for Suggestions/Workshop Suggestions

I don’t really know what you want me to explain, but if you want my two bits, I’d say this:

Unless it is rather obvious that a suggestion should be recategorized as a workshop suggestion (or vice versa), it should probably be left alone.

This doesn’t mean you can’t have your opinion on if it should switch categories. Take my post in the previously mentioned thread, for instance.

I didn’t move the topic, even though I thought it should be a workshop addon. All I did was share my thoughts. At that point, I believe it’s up to the OP to decide if the category should move. Indeed, only if there is good reason for moving the topic should that topic be moved.

Size and time are definitely not valid reasons for moving a topic, but they can certainly be mentioned. In my post, time was my primary reason for suggesting it to be a workshop, hence the “might” as opposed to a “will certainly.” I’d be happy to see it be a reality, but leaving it to the community might get it quicker due to the current developement plan. The fact that it is small and not a major game changer means that someone of the community could easily undergo the task themselves. That being said, there isn’t any particular reason Pixeltail can’t do it themselves, so I left my opinion up for discussion.

Is it worth noting if a suggestion isn’t particularly big and wouldn’t be added in the near future? I think so. Should the entire topic be moved because of this? Only if the OP agrees and wants it moved. That’s my take on it, anyways.

1 Like